WHO IS JACK CHAMBERS...? | Syracusefan.com

WHO IS JACK CHAMBERS...?

Goin' Deep

2nd String
Assuming Devin Leary can't go, Jack Chambers appears to be 2nd in line.
5'10 " 180 lbs.
Transfer from Charlston Southern...last years stats.
Lead his team in rushing with 477 yards on 135 carries( there are some sacks/TFL included)
Passing 2490 yards in 10 games...230 for 417= 55% completion rate.
10 pics and 17 TDs.

Looks like he WAS the offense. Run first...dink and dunk.
CUSE needs to get out ahead...ANAe and Shrader need to find weaknesses in NC ST.'s secondary.
SHrader needs to finish this game.

There is some chatter of playing freshman MJ Morris as well. They don’t want to blow his redshirt but they will play him if Leary is out long term.

5'10 " 180 lbs.
Lead his team in rushing with 477 yards on 135 carries( there are some sacks/TFL included)
10 pics and 17 TDs.

CUSE needs to get out ahead...ANAe and Shrader need to find weaknesses in NC ST.'s secondary.
It is a challenge to game plan vs someone that hasn’t played much but I expect White to figure it out.

There is some chatter of playing freshman MJ Morris as well. They don’t want to blow his redshirt but they will play him if Leary is out long term.
That would be interesting. A true freshman with tons of talent, but no experience.

5'10 " 180 lbs.
10 pics and 17 TDs.

Eh. I don't think he looked very impressive, even running, in that FSU game. He's kinda slow. And those stats against whatever Charleston Southerns competition is isn't making me worry.

He threw one pass the whole game he was in, and they still won - even though being down when he came in. Is that correct?

He threw one pass the whole game he was in, and they still won - even though being down when he came in. Is that correct?
Yes. They ran the ball on them and kicked FGs. We all know Cuse run defense is a bit suspect so hope the staff has a plan

Yeah Chambers doesn't scare me at all. I'd be more worried about what the freshman MJ Morris could do. But i'm not sure throwing a true freshman into the deafening dome is a great idea and considering how we disguise different rushers, seems like that would be a rough way to be brought in and they may not want to do that to him. I guess we'll see.

Lots of discussion about chambers in the NCSt threads especially the thread about saturdays game when he played a lot.

Yes. They ran the ball on them and kicked FGs. We all know Cuse run defense is a bit suspect so hope the staff has a plan
#3 in the conference vs FBS yds per game
#9 in the conference vs FBS average per attempt

I don't know that it's clear what our run d is, but "we all” don't “know it's suspect"

Last edited:
Eh. I don't think he looked very impressive, even running, in that FSU game. He's kinda slow. And those stats against whatever Charleston Southerns competition is isn't making me worry.
Didn't mean to imply that Chambers is the 2nd coming of Johnny Manziel. He really didn't show much against Florida St. He did run for a couple of first downs. NC ST. was fortunate to win this game.

If he plays there will be a lot of running and short passes. Our secondary cannot be giving 5 yard cushions on the throws.
On D we tend to put the corners on an island. I do not expect anything different. Jones will be the spy and Barron will come up for run coverage. May have Clark up also and keep carter in coverage.

#3 in the conference vs FBS yds per game
#9 in the conference vs FBS average per attempt

I don't know that it's clear what our run d is, but "we all” don't “know it's suspect"
I don't really know what this means, but guessing #9 in a conference of 14 teams right after playing Wagner is kinda suspect, if I read that correctly.

Their Offense is what it is. They will be missing Leary, and that makes them less dangerous. I’m more concerned with their Defense. IMO this whole game comes down to… How do we put points on the board?

Their Offense is what it is. They will be missing Leary, and that makes them less dangerous. I’m more concerned with their Defense. IMO this whole game comes down to… How do we put points on the board?
Isn’t that every game though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom