Who is Kentucky's pg next year when Teague leaves? | Syracusefan.com

Who is Kentucky's pg next year when Teague leaves?

orangebabe

Scout Team
I don't see anyone on their roster or any of their recruits being a top tier pg. We all know without a pg, you really don't get very far, i.e. Derrick Coleman, Stevie Thompson and Billy Owens with Michael Edwards. You also need a pg to go far in the NCAA tourny, just look at what happened to UNC. I don't see a replacement on the KY roster. If that's the case, I don't care how many five start big men they have on d, if they aren't scoring on the other end, the other team is going to win.

Ryan Harrow, transfer from NC State. Not great, but kid can play.

He's no Wall or Rose, but he's a projected 1st rounder on a few draft websites.

UK will be similar to last year, just not as good. Just looking at replacing there two big guns, Noel not the player AD was on offense and Pothryess (sp?) is good, but not MKG good. Will more than likely be a wire to wire top 5-10 team though.

I'm not sure they are top 10. Besides Noel who isn't nearly as good as Davis from what I've heard, and Pothryess, who is no MKG, they also lose Terrence Jones who has no replacement, and most likely their two shooting guards who were key in their championship run. I don't see any of the 5 positions being better than last or even equal to last year. If their pg is only favorable, then they may not even be top 10. I guess only time will tell, but I see a serious potential drop. They are just lucky they play in the SEC, because FL is their only competition.

not really sure i care about KY...but Cal always finds a way to put out a good team.

They also still have a chance to land Bennett and Jefferson.

Kentucky was the best team in the country last year, by a pretty decent margin IMO. They have a ways to drop to still be top 10.

As of right now, assuming they miss on Bennett, Parker, and Jefferson
Teague = Harrow
Lamb > Goodwin
MKG > Poythress
Jones > Wiltjer
Davis > Noel

Teague = Harrow
Lamb > Goodwin
MKG > Poythress
Jones > Wiltjer
Davis > Noel
definitely yes to all that. and Harrow is still a question mark, he was not great at NC State.

Teague = Harrow
Lamb > Goodwin
MKG > Poythress
Jones > Wiltjer
Davis > Noel
No doubt, but it does no good to compare them to last years UK team. They don't have to play them. Still a very talented roster who will be in the top 5-10 most of the year.

No doubt, but it does no good to compare them to last years UK team. They don't have to play them. Still a very talented roster who will be in the top 5-10 most of the year.
Correct. We knew MKG was good but not potential #2 overall pick good. Nobody knows exactly how good these guys are. Noel could be a top 5 pick. Poythress could be top 10. Harrow could be top 20. Goodwin could be a lottery pick. We won't know until games start in November.