Who Killed Garrett Phillips? | Syracusefan.com

Who Killed Garrett Phillips?

I did. It was a little too one-sided. A lady with money in the Hollywood scene that also graduated from SLU (same as Hillary) paid for his NYC lawyers which is also why you see all the behind-the-scene stuff with the defense, etc.

The case should have never gone to trial. Not enough evidence. That new DA was the worst. She got disbarred for 2 years.

Potsdam and Canton are the two most diverse communities (2 colleges in each town with students and professors from all over) in the North Country. The documentary painted the picture that Hillary was the only black man in Potsdam.

Interesting (too me) tidbit on this. I had the original 20/20 (or whichever show it was) playing on the TV one night, and I hear the voice of a character witness for the defendant. I perk up, b/c I know that voice. It was my son's goalkeeping coach for NY West ODP. Coach Murphy. Actually coaches at 'DYouville in Buffalo.
I talked to him about the case. He said the rumors up there are that the mom got involved with drugs, that the kids death was related to that and the dealers are in cahoots with cops, who thought they could pin it on this outsider/minority. Did they touch on that at all?
It was just weird to me that a voice on TV was so distinctive and that he was involved in such a case.
I practiced against Mary Rain when she was an ADA in Oswego. Ughh.

Interesting (too me) tidbit on this. I had the original 20/20 (or whichever show it was) playing on the TV one night, and I hear the voice of a character witness for the defendant. I perk up, b/c I know that voice. It was my son's goalkeeping coach for NY West ODP. Coach Murphy. Actually coaches at 'DYouville in Buffalo.
I talked to him about the case. He said the rumors up there are that the mom got involved with drugs, that the kids death was related to that and the dealers are in cahoots with cops, who thought they could pin it on this outsider/minority. Did they touch on that at all?
It was just weird to me that a voice on TV was so distinctive and that he was involved in such a case.
I practiced against Mary Rain when she was an ADA in Oswego. Ughh.
No, they didn't touch on that rumor. They said there were other possible leads but only mentioned other kids in a general sense... and that they were locked in on one suspect only, the accused. So they basically didn't follow up on any other leads from the sounds of it, or at least how it was presented.

No, they didn't touch on that rumor. They said there were other possible leads but only mentioned other kids in a general sense... and that they were locked in on one suspect only, the accused. So they basically didn't follow up on any other leads from the sounds of it, or at least how it was presented.
Literally just had a client in the office who is former NYS Trooper in the north country. He recalls discussing this case and the Troopers discussing how the "usual suspects" were ignored, and the investigation centered on "the black guy" right away, and never waivered off of him. Sad.

Potsdam and Canton are the two most diverse communities (2 colleges in each town with students and professors from all over) in the North Country. The documentary painted the picture that Hillary was the only black man in Potsdam.
Two of the most diverse communities in the North Country is a pretty low bar. The community of Potsdam and St Lawrence County still has to be close to 90% white.

Two of the most diverse communities in the North Country is a pretty low bar. The community of Potsdam and St Lawrence County still has to be close to 90% white.
Potsdam
The racial makeup of the town was 89.21% White, 1.59% Black or African American, 0.42% Native American, 7.53% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.36% from other races, and 0.88% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.25% of the population.

Based off population estimate, there are 250 blacks in Potsdam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom