Who killed Jeoffrey? | Syracusefan.com

Who killed Jeoffrey?

CaliCuse

All American
In the book it was the bald eunique but I'm putting Sana on this last show killing the "monster" I think she recovered the glass under the table and gave it to Tyrion after slipping in the poison. As I remember in the book Jeoffrey was highly allergic to shell fish of any kind. I hope in was Sansa in any event. I doubt they kill of Tyrion as he has some major story lines to further explore especial with his Whore who is really being played well by this actress. :bat: I just watched the whole cup scene and paid careful attention to the grail of death and its clear that Sansa put something into the cup before giving it back to Tyrion How they go from heron is another matter but killing off Tyrion after being renewed might real piss off followers of this show. Daddy Lannister might be on the clock. If he hurts the whore being sent away his days may be numbered .couchburn

CaliCuse said:
In the book it was the bald eunique but I'm putting Sana on this last show killing the "monster" I think she recovered the glass under the table and gave it to Tyrion after slipping in the poison. As I remember in the book Jeoffrey was highly allergic to shell fish of any kind. I hope in was Sansa in any event. I doubt they kill of Tyrion as he has some major story lines to further explore especial with his Whore who is really being played well by this actress. :bat: I just watched the whole cup scene and paid careful attention to the grail of death and its clear that Sansa put something into the cup before giving it back to Tyrion How they go from heron is another matter but killing off Tyrion after being renewed might real piss off followers of this show. Daddy Lannister might be on the clock. If he hurts the whore being sent away his days may be numbered .couchburn

Hello spoiler alert

In the book it was the bald eunique but I'm putting Sana on this last show killing the "monster" I think she recovered the glass under the table and gave it to Tyrion after slipping in the poison. As I remember in the book Jeoffrey was highly allergic to shell fish of any kind. I hope in was Sansa in any event. I doubt they kill of Tyrion as he has some major story lines to further explore especial with his Whore who is really being played well by this actress.

I just watched the whole cup scene and paid careful attention to the grail of death and its clear that Sansa put something into the cup before giving it back to Tyrion How they go from heron is another matter but killing off Tyrion after being renewed might real piss off followers of this show. Daddy Lannister might be on the clock. If he hurts the whore being sent away his days may be numbered .

Cali, I think you're off by quite a bit here.

The evidence (and backstory) suggests a killer(s) other than Varys. Sansa certainly doesn't play a role (other than a neat and logical distraction). Since this thread already contains a spoiler RE: Joff's death, I don't feel the need to conceal that it's highly likely the architects behind it are Littlefinger and Olenna Tyrell (Queen of Thorns). It's become obvious that the "men behind the machine" throughout ASOIAF are two in number, and they oppose each other: Littlefinger and Varys. Varys' origin (i.e. family tree) has become fairly obvious, and when his identity is revealed it'll tie things together for many fans.

In short, the book seems to make clear who is behind Joff's death; the show makes it clear-"er", especially on a second viewing of the last episode. I haven't looked at the pics Blaze linked, but I can guess what they show (a gem, the path of Joff's wine cup, etc.).

You'll find out who really plotted Joffery's death in the last or second to last episode this season.

Cali, I think you're off by quite a bit here.

The evidence (and backstory) suggests a killer(s) other than Varys. Sansa certainly doesn't play a role (other than a neat and logical distraction). Since this thread already contains a spoiler RE: Joff's death, I don't feel the need to conceal that it's highly likely the architects behind it are Littlefinger and Olenna Tyrell (Queen of Thorns). It's become obvious that the "men behind the machine" throughout ASOIAF are two in number, and they oppose each other: Littlefinger and Varys. Varys' origin (i.e. family tree) has become fairly obvious, and when his identity is revealed it'll tie things together for many fans.

In short, the book seems to make clear who is behind Joff's death; the show makes it clear-"er", especially on a second viewing of the last episode. I haven't looked at the pics Blaze linked, but I can guess what they show (a gem, the path of Joff's wine cup, etc.).
You might want to consider a long used Hollywood casting choice for the " More often than not its the most well known guest star iller" In this case its Diana Riggs who hasn't really aged well since her high kicks days She plays the grand mother.The knows that Joffrey was a monster and Sansa was very clear about that to her. She might think she has little to lose since she is old What better than an "Avenger" to finish off the kid who was hurting everyone around him. I always wonder what kind of soup they use as the camera vomit ? Chicken or mushroom?

Last edited:
my guess. mommy dearest. split pea.

Last edited:
We must have read different books, b/c I never read anything close to Varys being the killer and I have read all of them thus far.

my guess. mommy dearest. split pea.
Ilove split pea soup. A little diner adjacent to my bank in Irvington NJ made a fantastic tasting cup of that. One day I got into the branch way too early and decided another cup of coffee and a bagel would be a good idea. I knew the owner and asked if I could get the recipe for the soup and he said they were getting ready the soup then and invited me into the kitchen and then I saw what the major ingredient was that was also the kill factor. They prepared bacon earl and all the fat was the "base of the soup. The last time I had had that stuff was the last time I would order it Bacon fat might taste good but it will kill you It was a sad realization.

grandma brown's. mexico ny. delicious. and f# joffrey. little crossbow basterd.

Is it safe to say this a Spoiler zone? I have a question for someone that has read the books, I can PM it if necessary. I saw a spoiler elsewhere but not sure if it's legit.

Is it safe to say this a Spoiler zone? I have a question for someone that has read the books, I can PM it if necessary. I saw a spoiler elsewhere but not sure if it's legit.
Go ahead and PM me.

You'll find out who really plotted Joffery's death in the last or second to last episode this season.
Probably very true . Miy idea about Diana Riggs doing the poison transfer is pre speculation. S long as he is out of the picture ,its all good.

Probably very true . Miy idea about Diana Riggs doing the poison transfer is pre speculation. S long as he is out of the picture ,its all good.
Cali, I explained all in my first post in this thread. It's quite clearly Olenna acting with Margery. Watch the scene carefully: you can actually see Olenna pilfer a gem from Sansa's necklace. When Joff needs to set his cup aside (to slice open the pie) he hands it to Margery... who places said cup right in front of Olenna. Olenna no doubt deposits the gem (containing the Strangler poison - same one that killed Stannis' maester) into Joff's cup. The outcome is inevitable.

A subtlety that is more apparent in the book: Littlefinger is (of course) the schemer behind all of it.

I couldn't tell if the necklace was missing a gem on the ship. Meant to rewatch that part.

If I were to pick up reading the book to where it is currently on the show, which book would I start from? Anyone know?

If I were to pick up reading the book to where it is currently on the show, which book would I start from? Anyone know?
A Storm of Swords. If your intent is to start reading the very latest events (i.e. Joff's wedding) you'd want to start around chapter 59 ("Sansa"); not sure if that's exactly right but it'll probably get you close.

It's tough, since the show has strayed a bit from the books. Some of the material this season with Theon (Reek), doesn't happen until the 5th book (A Dance with Dragons), while the majority of Jon's storyline this season will be from the 3rd book (A Storm of Swords). Same with Bran, his Storm storyline finished up last season and is already in Dance territory. Dany should end up somewhere around the first third or half of Dance. So, it's kinda hard to tell. Start with the Red Wedding chapter and go from there. Reading Catelyn going absolutely mad was probably one of the most uneasy/emotional chapters of the series.