Who starts at center next year? Thoughts? Guesses? | Syracusefan.com

Who starts at center next year? Thoughts? Guesses?

Boozercrook

2019 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
I'm really looking forward to enjoying watching this team improve over the course of this year, and I'm very pleased to see new players like Kadary and Woody and Griffin show so much promise so quickly. This team could really grow into something, and next year (adding Benny as well, who sounds like he could be special) could be really fun, but someone is going to have to step up and play center effectively. I'm curious to hear people's opinions about whether / which of the prospects on the bench might be most likely to be able to do that (or whether it is realistic to think Sidibe will take advantage of the extra year of eligibility, which seems unlikely). Thanks, all.

Wouldn’t be shocked if we went the grad transfers route. Give Frank some back up minutes and then he takes over the following year

I'm really looking forward to enjoying watching this team improve over the course of this year, and I'm very pleased to see new players like Kadary and Woody and Griffin show so much promise so quickly. This team could really grow into something, and next year (adding Benny as well, who sounds like he could be special) could be really fun, but someone is going to have to step up and play center effectively. I'm curious to hear people's opinions about whether / which of the prospects on the bench might be most likely to be able to do that (or whether it is realistic to think Sidibe will take advantage of the extra year of eligibility, which seems unlikely). Thanks, all.
Why do you think it's unlikely that Sidibe will come back for another year? I'm not saying you're wrong, but he's majoring in international relations and has been an honor roll student, so it seems like he'd benefit career-wise as well as athletically from a grad year (assuming he's on track to graduate).

Why do you think it's unlikely that Sidibe will come back for another year? I'm not saying you're wrong, but he's majoring in international relations and has been an honor roll student, so it seems like he'd benefit career-wise as well as athletically from a grad year (assuming he's on track to graduate).

My own personal guess is that, since Sidibe is 23 and has been around for awhile, he would look to go play professionally overseas and make some money, and I doubt those professional options would improve much for him with an extra year of play at SU, but that's all just my guess. I didn't even mention Dolezaj for the same reason. But if Sidibe came back, that would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom