Who uses sound Bars? | Syracusefan.com

Who uses sound Bars?

upperdeck

Living Legend
My TV room is in need of a sound bar.. What I just realized after a few hours of looking is that they dont handle rooms with multiple TVs.. .Anyone been able to crack that nut?

I do. Samsung. Like it a lot. But I only have two TVs in my house total, and they are on different floors. I imagine there are HDMI adapters you could use to solve your problem. Go to a real sound store, not Best Buy.

yeah. I might when this thing ends and I can go into a store again. not sure any exist locally any more though.

Crutchfield did me a demo sound system after i asked them what they had for equipment.. it came to $15K, not sure thats what the wife had in mind..

hdmi adapter would work if it had some blue tooth switching available.. but its not clear to me how the pass thru would work back to the TV

Last edited:
I have a Vizio sound bar and one tv.

The sound bar has multiple inputs (but only one of each type e.g. optical, aux cable, bluetooth). If your TVs have different output types that are both supported by your sound bar, you could switch between inputs.

Is that the problem you're trying to solve?

not really.

i have 5 TVs, to listen to one of the TVs you have to mute and un mute.. Not a big issue if you have 5 different brands of TV but still a pain. I was thinking of adding a sound bar to get better sound in the room. they are a mix of Tvs that stream, use antenna, or use inputs like PS4 or Sat box.

Every example I find of sound bar points to hooking all the inputs to a TV and then run that thru the sound bar, but thats not really the issue I have.

I want to choose which TV i am listening too. Much like a Bar does.. Thats pretty pricey though,

I could see not handling 5 Tvs.. but 2-3 is pretty normal for people with gaming TV rooms. i would take that if its all that works.

Not gonna by 5 sound bars to deal with this either..

not really.

i have 5 TVs, to listen to one of the TVs you have to mute and un mute.. Not a big issue if you have 5 different brands of TV but still a pain. I was thinking of adding a sound bar to get better sound in the room. they are a mix of Tvs that stream, use antenna, or use inputs like PS4 or Sat box.

Every example I find of sound bar points to hooking all the inputs to a TV and then run that thru the sound bar, but thats not really the issue I have.

I want to choose which TV i am listening too. Much like a Bar does.. Thats pretty pricey though,

I could see not handling 5 Tvs.. but 2-3 is pretty normal for people with gaming TV rooms. i would take that if its all that works.

Could run them all through a receiver or other switching device. Maybe that's what CuseFaninVT was referring to.

HDMI: Amazon
Optical: Amazon

Last edited:
I thought of that but an HDMI device from what I can tell would not send anything back to the TV just to a single TV..

Given a short loop I would have to split every input before it went to sound bar I think.

I thought of that but an HDMI device from what I can tell would not send anything back to the TV just to a single TV..

Given a short loop I would have to split every input before it went to sound bar I think.
What outputs do the TVs have?

I havent looked at all of them.. Some probably allow HDMI out, some have optical. probably upgrade 2-3 of the TVS soon as well.

If they were all the same, you could switch the outputs and run them to the sound bar.

ARC hdmi would work, but I dont see Sound Bars that handle it with multiple input/ouputs.

What I think might work is have the main TV use hdmi in/out and then use something like this

optical splitter

from the other TVs if they support optical out.

then my bar would have to swap between hdmi/optical with its remote and then the optical would swap the other 4 tvs with its remote..

I may play with this before I get a sound bar just to see how it works..

I didnt realize this would be a major effort.. I though it was just plug n play to a sound bar.. then I started looking around on forums and people all over are asking this same question.

ARC hdmi would work, but I dont see Sound Bars that handle it with multiple input/ouputs.

What I think might work is have the main TV use hdmi in/out and then use something like this

optical splitter

from the other TVs if they support optical out.

then my bar would have to swap between hdmi/optical with its remote and then the optical would swap the other 4 tvs with its remote..

I may play with this before I get a sound bar just to see how it works..

I didnt realize this would be a major effort.. I though it was just plug n play to a sound bar.. then I started looking around on forums and people all over are asking this same question.
Good luck!

I love my Samsung soundbar. But it just connects to my TV via Bluetooth. I haven’t entered the multiple TV in one room phase yet because my wife will leave me and divorce sounds expensive.

Last edited:
not really.

You have 5 tvs in the same room? No one is questioning this?

How do you watch more than 1 game at a time?

Its the game room, should it not have games on?

I only have 5 right now.. Some days I bring the floaters in as well.

You saying you never play video games that requires 2 tvs right there even without sports.

You saying you never play video games that requires 2 tvs right there even without sports.

Clearly you're a bigger sports and gaming fan than me.

You have 5 tvs in the same room? No one is questioning this?

I know a lot of people with 3, this is the first I've heard of 5 (not sure my attention span could handle it all).

Someday, when this nest empties, I'll have the bar setup in the basement with 3 or more TVs going. But right now, I just live here, pay the bills, and do what I'm told.

I'm thankful I don't have any interest in gaming, outside of the occasional NHL 21 matchups against my son or occasionally stealing his Switch and playing some old school Nintendo. I already have enough addictions.

I'm 51. I don't play video games.

Typical VTer.. As is my co-worker from Vermont, he skis..

I'm older than that.. I dont know anyone in my office that doesnt play Computer games other than him..

I'm 51. I don't play video games.

1610749465393.png

What?! I'm 49 and I at least go back to play this magical gift of games. Obviously though, I am 49 if I still have a working PS2... so that's kinda sad. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom