Who washes out of the NFL first? | Syracusefan.com

Who washes out of the NFL first?

Who will wash out of the NFL first?

• Total voters

44PRIDE

All Conference
I'm curious. Two QB's. Two different starting points...

Geno Smith is a second round pick that landed in the cesspool that is (my beloved) New York Jets. He will probably start at some point this season behind a poor offensive line with very few targets at receiver. There will be an unrealistic expectation on him to win immediately.

Ryan Nassib is a fourth round pick that landed in the stability of the New York Giants. He is buried in the depth chart behind a 2 time Super Bowl winning QB, and its very unlikely that he will ever see the field, outside of some preseason snaps in garbage time. He will have the time and resources to rework any issues involved with his game.

So the question is...who washes out of the NFL first?

genosmith30s-2-web.jpg

Dance for Deon, Geno. Dance!

I'm curious. Two QB's. Two different starting points...

Ryan Nassib is a fourth round pick that landed in the stability of the New York Giants. He is buried in the depth chart ... and its very unlikely that he will ever see the field, outside of some preseason snaps in garbage time.
He'll likely be taking half of your preseason snaps for the next 2+ years.

Of the two, Geno will be out of the league first.

He'll likely be taking half of your preseason snaps for the next 2+ years.

Of the two, Geno will be out of the league first.
I think the Hefty Lefty was on the Giants roster for three or four seasons so I am sure Nassib will get every opportunity to succeed going forward.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I can't get it out of my head how our D contained Geno three years in a row. It is possible he is a system product. Just sayin.

I can't get it out of my head how our D contained Geno three years in a row. It is possible he is a system product. Just sayin.

Me neither. When I saw all of those mock drafts projecting Geno to the QB needy Bills, I knew there was no way in hell Marrone would draft him.

I think the Hefty Lefty was on the Giants roster for three or four seasons so I am sure Nassib will get every opportunity to succeed going forward.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
J-Load?

genosmith30s-2-web.jpg

Dance for Deon, Geno. Dance!

Love that photo. Smith was p*ssed that he got his leg kicked out from under him. Didn't seem to matter that Sharpe got held and swung around which is the only reason he didn't annihilate Geno on that play. For any interested the full 2012 Pinstripe is avail on youtube in HD. Just rewatched it a couple weeks ago.

Geno was a system QB playing against suspect defenses early in the year. A lot of QB's could put up huge numbers with Austin and Bailey taking screen passes 70 yards to the house. If a talent skout only watched his 3 games vs SU I'm not sure he even gets drafted.

Something tells me that that Nassib has the two qualities, intelligence and work ethic, that are closest to Tom's heart. That combined with his natural arm strength and leadership ability gives me the idea that he will get every chance to carve a career under Tom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom