Who will be the number 1 Seeds? | Syracusefan.com

Who will be the number 1 Seeds?

Zaga
Uva
Duke
Tenn

Should be UNC instead of Tenn... But the committee is prolly looking for a reason to not dole out 3 to the ACC... And now they have a flimsy reason.

If 3 acc teams cuse will
Not play in Columbus Ohio. If only two acc teams cuse has a better shot at playing in Columbus Ohio.

Easy ride to Columbus Ohio to watch the tourney as opposed to other locations!

From a strategic standpoint, there's really not much difference between a #1 and #2 seed. It's more about perception. It's sort of like who starts on the pole position at a NASCAR race.

UNC beat Zags. Tennessee beat Zags. Zags have a terribly weak schedule. They did beat Duke for their lone quality win. Then laid a stinker to end the season losing to a team they beat by 48 points the month before. I can’t see them with a one seed. Three ACC plus Tennessee.

Duke
Virginia
UNC
Zags

SU 9 seed - rather see them as a 10 (do not want to play Utah St)

I dont see Michigan st going up to a 1 with the late start of there game so I think 3 acc plus Gonzaga

So if the ACC gets 3 - 1’s, seems pretty safe to say we’re 90% playing in the 8/9 with the chance to play Gonzaga?

I definitely don’t hate that. I’d rather have them or Michigan State in the Round of 32 over UK/Tenn.

That would make sense. FWIW Jerry Palm has Utah St as a 8 and playing SU as of 9:00am today.
did he drop washington off 8 line?

Should be UNC instead of Tenn... But the committee is prolly looking for a reason to not dole out 3 to the ACC... And now they have a flimsy reason.
I’m assuming Tenn beat Auburn and Michigan beats Michigan State. I was predicting what the committee would do not what would do.

ACC 3 and Tennessee if they win today, otherwise Gonzaga. Zags 4 Quad 1 wins are kind of embarrassing for a 1 seed.

If Tenn wins today I think they bump UNC down to a #2. Committee will do anything not to give ACC 3 #1's. All the political clout is moving to improve the lot of the non P5 schools, they won't drop the Zags off the #1 line.

3 to 6 is so close. It depends on whether the committee is clever enough to build smart contingencies, or if they just don't want to be bothered with it,

Because a Tennessee loss to Auburn is relevant... or a Michigan St win against Michigan is relevant.

There have been years where they clearly had contigencies across lines. Other yeras where they just locked a team into a line.

I will say this - if the contingency involved Gonzaga it could get done fairly easily... you just ensure that the opposite conference has limited teams in that region.

A contingency between Michigan St / Tennessee or UNC/Michigan St, it would be extremely difficult because you need to manage two conferences with multiple seeds.

If MSU wins:

Duke
Virginia
Tennessee
MSU

If MSU loses, replace them with Gonzaga.
This. But Tenn has to win today. If they lose, replace them w Kentucky

ACC 3 and Tennessee if they win today, otherwise Gonzaga. Zags 4 Quad 1 wins are kind of embarrassing for a 1 seed.
I know the Zags are a good team, legit top 10 and they have a couple of elite wins in the early pre-conference. But I always have a problem with their high seeding when they play in such a weak conference and just play a bunch of cupcakes for January-February while P5 teams have to run a gauntlet.

With everyhing so close between 3-6, and Gonzaga losing to UNC and Tennessee, and having a lack of top 25 wins compared to prior years when they were a #1, I think I establish Gonzaga as the #2 seed in the west.

I am usually very supportive of Gonzaga being a #1 in prior years, but it also comes down to the fact that they lose directly to other teams who are fighting for the #1 (basically a double hit). If they had loss to Purdue for example it may have been better for them.

Still not sure about who gets that 3rd and 4th #1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom