Who will win 2017 NCAA Championship? | Syracusefan.com

Who will win 2017 NCAA Championship?

dave h

Walk On
Re: Who Will Win the 2017 NCAA DI Championship?

by octonion on Wed May 10, 2017 9:15 pm

My model has Albany favored at 22.5%, followed by Maryland at 17.5%.

https://github.com/octonion/lacrosse/bl ... pion_p.csv
From LaxPower:
team_name p
Albany (NY) 0.225
Maryland 0.175
Duke 0.151
Denver 0.101
Notre Dame 0.065
Loyola Maryland 0.061
Ohio State 0.051
Penn State 0.045
Syracuse 0.038
Yale 0.025
Johns Hopkins 0.023
Towson 0.016
North Carolina 0.010
Air Force 0.008
Marquette 0.005
Bryant 0.001
Monmouth 0.000

so Syracuse has a 3.8% chance of winning

therefore nothing to lose, just go out there and have fun

Syracuse wins. Each game by one goal except the championship, the Orange win by two.

Quint K. then goes into a diatribe of how Syracuse really didn't win and doesn't deserve the trophy or recognition. He refers to the season as "The Lost Season of No Champion" mainly because he isn't clever enough to come up with a catchy phrase or name and because anything good for Syracuse must be bad. His schpiel rolls over into 2018...

Just an opinion.

Hard not to like Maryland's chances - they have one of the best coaches in D1 in John Tillman and the Rambo/Heacock duo is probably the best one-two punch...throw in the Maltz kid and that's a tremendous starting attack unit. Plus if they can get by the winner of the Albany/NC game (and that's a big if), they have the easiest road to the championship game.

I hate Syracuse's opening round game - Yale is unpredictable and Ben Reaves (please god don't go into that god awful zone defense). But I think Syracuse wins this one at the midfield where Cuse has a big advantage. Would love to play Penn State in round 2 but expecting to see Towson instead which should be a great game.

Wide open field this year...

Hard not to like Maryland's chances - they have one of the best coaches in D1 in John Tillman and the Rambo/Heacock duo is probably the best one-two punch...throw in the Maltz kid and that's a tremendous starting attack unit. Plus if they can get by the winner of the Albany/NC game (and that's a big if), they have the easiest road to the championship game.

I hate Syracuse's opening round game - Yale is unpredictable and Ben Reaves (please god don't go into that god awful zone defense). But I think Syracuse wins this one at the midfield where Cuse has a big advantage. Would love to play Penn State in round 2 but expecting to see Towson instead which should be a great game.

Wide open field this year...

Agree with your overall assessment. Anyone, with a few breaks, could walk away with championship. Maryland is in the driver's seat but Syracuse cannot be taken lightly, nor can Denver, ND (if healthy), tOSU. Add to that the fact that you cannot write off UNC, Duke nor JHU; they are bluebloods because they have earned it - and UNC is peaking at the right time, going into the tourney.

Should be a fun tourney to follow, though I will be highly Orange centered.

Based on our body of work it is unlikely that they will blow out anyone during the tournament. Yet we just haven't put together a complete game yet so I am hopeful we look strong in round 1. Back in our glory years it always felt like our teams turned the switch at this time of year. A solid win over Yale would go a long way in boosting confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom