Who WINS? TEXAS TECH OR UVA | Syracusefan.com

Who WINS? TEXAS TECH OR UVA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. I'd love to see UVA take it but TT's athletic advantage will be tough to overcome.

Not talking all season, but these two teams have clearly been the best two teams in this tournament.

I think Tech takes UVa down, but it should be a helluva game. Hard to predict what will happen -- neither team has been there before, and strange things can happen on the big stage.

I think Texas Tech wins but this is one of the few times I'm okay with either team winning. I like both Beard and Bennett and there aren't any players I particularly dislike on either team. It might not be a high scoring game, which I'm sure will lead to a bunch of college basketball is unwatchable comments, but both teams win with great defense.

I'm going UVA. No real reason. I think this game could go either way. Going to be a good one. I think UVA keeps their magic going.

If UVA can channel 3 pt. shooting like they did against us, it's all over.

UVa. Guy goes all GMac on them.

Reactions: cto
I think UVA struggles to break 50 tbh. Texas Tech is the best defensive team in the history of the KenPom rankings going back to 2002. UVA historically struggles with teams that are really athletic.

My 1 bracket and wallet would really like Texas Tech to win. If Tech wins I should be walking away with $1250. If UVA wins I come in 4th place and outside the money. Nobody had Tech winning it all.

I have no expectations here. Might be a worse game to watch than that legendary UConn-Butler game, the worst NC game in the history of basketball, where neither team had any idea how to run an offense and score points.

That being said, when a team is gifted with a win like UVa was Saturday, they tend to win it all. That was team of destiny stuff; a 100:1 shot that somehow happened in a Final Four.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

I have no expectations here. Might be a worse game to watch than that legendary UConn-Butler game, the worst NC game in the history of basketball, where neither team had any idea how to run an offense and score points.

That being said, when a team is gifted with a win like UVa was Saturday, they tend to win it all. That was team of destiny stuff; a 100:1 shot that somehow happened in a Final Four.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

If this game is low scoring, I'll at least believe it was because of the defense.

That UConn-Butler game was the worst offensive basketball I've ever seen. Guys missing wide open shots all over the place. It was so painful.

This game will be too late for me to watch much, but I expect it to be a 54-53 nailbiter. I'm going UVA, I don't think the TT offense can hang enough points on the board in a low-possession game.

If this game is low scoring, I'll at least believe it was because of the defense.

That UConn-Butler game was the worst offensive basketball I've ever seen. Guys missing wide open shots all over the place. It was so painful.
Yes, I don't think either one of those teams was a top 20 team. It was two bad teams mauling each other and bricking bad shots all game long. It wasn't even fit for the NIT.

The final score may come down to who wears out first.

Both are tough, aggressive defensive teams. Obviously takes a lot out of players and maybe shows up more on the offensive end. Three point shooters without legs at the end of the game may decide it.

Tech plays a rougher game and I think that will win it for them unless the officials call it close.

I think tech is better and should win.

But Virginia is just a villain in a horror movie right now. No matter how much you hurt them they just get back and keep coming at you.

If I was betting I would pick UVA because you just can't kill them.

The luck UVa has had in the last two games leads me to believe they are destined to win...

The luck UVa has had in the last two games leads me to believe they are destined to win...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors