Class of 2015 - Who you got? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Who you got?

Who does SU get to wrap up the class of 2015?

• Thomas Bryant

Votes: 78 85.7%
  • Derrick Jones

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • None

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
T

tee1222

2015. Might still try to land another recruit. Some uncertainty to be sure but a good chance someone leaves early, given recent history. So, who do you think we land, if anyone?

I dont know if we land him but I want Bryant badly. I miss the type of player that will do everything to get that ball and has a little mean streak in him. Hes going to do the dirty work and give 110% to win the damn game. Thats my type of player right there, a player thats hungrier then the other team. Starts to rub off on the other players, like andy in 2010 diving for loose balls all the time. That team got a little scrappy when it needed to.

I dont know if we land him but I want Bryant badly. I miss the type of player that will do everything to get that ball and has a little mean streak in him. Hes going to do the dirty work and give 110% to win the damn game. Thats my type of player right there, a player thats hungrier then the other team. Starts to rub off on the other players, like andy in 2010 diving for loose balls all the time. That team got a little scrappy when it needed to.
Well thought and said. I love the nasty in him. Gamer, wants to win before anything else. This picture right here. That is after winning a championship.
36517057001_2201799188001_bkvideo.jpg

I think ultimately it ends up being Jones, but Bryant is the guy the staff would "prefer"

I voted Bryant! Jones is an athletic freak that may be great if he develops offensively but Bryant is a big with size, skills and heart. That is much more rare IMO plus slotting him next to Diange who I am very excited about would be two talented bigs who really get after it which is something we have lacked of late.

Well thought and said. I love the nasty in him. Gamer, wants to win before anything else. This picture right here. That is after winning a championship.
36517057001_2201799188001_bkvideo.jpg

It's hard looking at this picture and not wanting the kid. He's got the spirit of a competitor and heart of a lion. This is someone you build success around.

Call me crazy but I really prefer Jones over Bryant.

Your not crazy I preferred Jones also, but for different reasons, thought he was a type of player that we do not have a skill set likes his, closest guys who could fill the slasher/scorer role would be Roberson or McC. Either way we are in great shape. Hope I am wrong but when I watch Bryant I think he is either going to be a Daryl Watkins/Terrrence Roberts type ton of potential but does not develop. Hopefully he is a Rick Jackson and develops his skills each year. What size in that class, if he signs they can start swinging for the fences in 2016.

I think we need a another point guard as a legit back up.

All I am seeing is joseph as the only true point guard on next season's roster. Is there another one here that I am not seeing?

All I am seeing is joseph as the only true point guard on next season's roster. Is there another one here that I am not seeing?

Agreed. I would think it should be a priority!

Legit concern, but the staff is bringing in Franklin Howard to play the point. So, if the staff is right about projecting him at lead guard, then it should rectify the situation that's plagued our backcourt last year and this upcoming year. Assuming, of course, that Joseph doesn't go pro this offseason, in which case we'll be right back in the same situation for the third consecutive year...

Last edited:
Legit concern, but the staff is bringing in Franklin Howard to play the point. So, if the staff is right about projecting him at lead guard, then it should rectify the situation that's plagued our backcourt last year and this upcoming year. Assuming, of course, that Joseph doesn't go pro this offseason, in which case we'll be right back in the same situation for the third consecutive year...

didn't know he was brought in as a point guard.

is he currently a point guard in high school? He is listed as a shooting guard right now

Can i throw an obscure name out there? Just for the sake of it...

This prospect hasn't "officially" listed a top 5 or anything like that to my knowledge. Has been linked to SU in the past. Would give SU that extra guard that people want.

What about Briscoe? I know, I know. It's most likely a pipe dream. Just throwing another name out there to discuss.

is he currently a point guard in high school? He is listed as a shooting guard right now

The kid has said in interviews multiple times that he envisions himself as a point, and that the staff is recruiting him exclusively as a point. So taking that at face value, it sounds like the plan is for Howard to man the point [on paper].

But we'll see. :noidea: Impossible to tell for sure until he gets here and shows what he can do.

Last edited:
Your not crazy I preferred Jones also, but for different reasons, thought he was a type of player that we do not have a skill set likes his, closest guys who could fill the slasher/scorer role would be Roberson or McC. Either way we are in great shape. Hope I am wrong but when I watch Bryant I think he is either going to be a Daryl Watkins/Terrrence Roberts type ton of potential but does not develop. Hopefully he is a Rick Jackson and develops his skills each year. What size in that class, if he signs they can start swinging for the fences in 2016.

Bryant to me looks quite a bit more skilled than Watkins and Roberts. I actually liked both players and felt like Roberts especially was thrown under the bus too much on here. Bryant definitely has the motor Watkins always dreamed for.

Can i throw an obscure name out there? Just for the sake of it...

This prospect hasn't "officially" listed a top 5 or anything like that to my knowledge. Has been linked to SU in the past. Would give SU that extra guard that people want.

What about Briscoe? I know, I know. It's most likely a pipe dream. Just throwing another name out there to discuss.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think Briscoe appears to be focusing on Arizona, Louisville and for some reason - Seton Hall, St Johns and legendary basketball powerhouse........Rutgers!

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think Briscoe appears to be focusing on Arizona, Louisville and for some reason - Seton Hall, St Johns and legendary basketball powerhouse.....Rutgers!

Snippet from the latest ESPN Insider...

"The newly crowned Nike EYBL champions, New Jersey Playaz, served as the co-host of this event and like any good host they put out quite a spread on Wednesday night as Isaiah Briscoe and company were the main attraction for a crowded gym full of coaches.

While Briscoe hasn’t formally cut his list yet, Arizona and St. John’s are widely perceived, right or wrong, to be the two leaders at this point. St. John’s head coach Steve Lavin was front and center Wednesday night along with Arizona assistant Emmanuel “Book” Richardson, who has deep roots in the Northeast region. Jay Wright and Eddie Jordan were also in attendance as Villanova and Rutgers are both looking to play spoiler in the sweepstakes for one of the nation’s best playmaking guards."

Of the games I saw, he was bringing up the ball, setting up the offense. And this is playing alongside smaller PGs.

2015. Might still try to land another recruit. Some uncertainty to be sure but a good chance someone leaves early, given recent history. So, who do you think we land, if anyone?
I'm inclined to think Bryant considering the attention he is getting on all fronts. I have a feeling Jimmy is giving some hints to those quality media types that follow and report about his team. Its just a hunch but even Jimmy probably knows that keeping these guys happy isn't a sellout to his "integrity". He won't flat out say anything for publication because of the effn NCAA. He can hint with provisions attached e.g. they don't print anything that gets the attention of the NCAA . Nothing really be printed beyond speculation but thats enough until a trigger is pulled by the kid.

Howard was signed and is being brought in to play the PG spot. MCW was listed as a 2G all throughout high school and the staff had signed him as a PG before he started playing his junior season if memory serves. We have to remember that when a kid is 6-5 or bigger in high school there is always going to be a shorter guard on his team, probably 2 or 3 of them so that doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't have PG skills as much as it means he is a big kid with guard skills. Often times these kids are relied on to carry a large portion of the scoring where they have a distinct advantage. They may play off the ball for 75% of the game because they are the main scoring option and its easier to get them the ball in a good position that way. He may even bring the ball up a majority of the time and run the break when they have opportunities but in the half court he gives them better offense coming from off the ball.

The more I think about it I think I fell in love with Jones athleticism. Recruiting class of 6-5, 6-6,6-9, 6-9, 6-10 with all positions filled, how do you loose. Still think Jones will be a start but starting to get the feeling Bryant is the guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom