• Diagne

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Jones

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Diallo

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still wish we could lock up another pg or a combo that definite has ball handling skills. I would sacrifice a talented forward for a "need"
I used to think about this. But Cooney has shown he can handle the ball, and at that point we would still have him, MikeG and Buss. That would go along with a primary in KJ and possibly still Ennis. Should be fine.

Diagne, Bryant, Jones, Silva, or Howard. Any two of these and we would have a great class. Diallo and Briscoe are long shots.

This is really tough for me. I voted Diallo even though I believe he is least likely to come here. That said I think he is clearly the best of the group and could be a 4/5 for us.

Other than that I guess I'd lean Bryant as a 5 only but would not at all feel badly about getting Diange in his stead. My worry on Silva is that he is just a 4. My other thought is if Ennis leaves after this year we may grab another guard for 15.

Now I'll read the thread.

Trueblue25 - I really think you look like Ron Burgundy in real life.
SoBeCuse - I really think you look like Jeff Spicoli in real life.

If we meet one day, please don't disappoint. :)
I'll try to do my best Sherm impression, just to be reciprocal.

Do you picture me as a golf club? That's kind of weird. LOL

Is Diallo anywhere close to the talent that McCullough is?

I used to think about this. But Cooney has shown he can handle the ball, and at that point we would still have him, MikeG and Buss. That would go along with a primary in KJ and possibly still Ennis. Should be fine.
We'll see if cooney can handle the ball pressure when we face a top 5-10 talent team

Bryant and diallo would be a dream. Bryant and diange would be awesome to. Jones isn't coming here. Not with Lydon in the fold. Lydon might be better than jones anyway.
I think Jones is a 2/3, Lydon is a stretch 4. I dont see how they overlap at all

Me too, especially since it was my vote...:)
I would love to see him as an undersized center for us. As a 4, his skill set is very good, as a 5 it's off the charts...
But it seems confirmed that he is 6'8" in shoes, which equates to what, 6'6.5" barefoot?
That's a smidgen taller than MCW...
Diagne's 7'3 wingspan makes up for being a bit undersized currently. Give me a big with that length than the 6'10 guy with T-Rex arms who can't block and alter shots inside.

Most unrealistic of getting, maybe Francis or someone else knows more of the situation, but everything im reading and seeing are that he will be a tougher get. I dont even really think of landing him but would be ecstatic if the story changes
Staff has shown interest but it hasn't been mutual so far. Diallo was invited to the Elite Camp and Midnight Madness, basically declining both times by not showing up. Seems like St. John's, Pitt, and Louisville are getting the most buzz in that department.

This is really tough for me. I voted Diallo even though I believe he is least likely to come here. That said I think he is clearly the best of the group and could be a 4/5 for us.

Other than that I guess I'd lean Bryant as a 5 only but would not at all feel badly about getting Diange in his stead. My worry on Silva is that he is just a 4. My other thought is if Ennis leaves after this year we may grab another guard for 15.

Now I'll read the thread.

Absolutely no question in my mind after seeing him play in person that Silva is just a 4. He looked a legit 6'8" and to me he is not center material.

Remember Coleman, McCullough, Patterson, Obokoh, Daigne, and BJ and MG can play small forward. It would be nice to have another guy that could swing between the front and back line like Jones. Yes I know McCullough or Patterson could have a break out year and leave but my guess is they both will be there in 2015. McCullough may have potential but will not get enough run unless he is exeptional, IE Grant.

Diagne's 7'3 wingspan makes up for being a bit undersized currently. Give me a big with that length than the 6'10 guy with T-Rex arms who can't block and alter shots inside.

Wow, surprised by that wingspan...dude was solid in person but I wouldn't have guessed he had that ridiculous reach.

Jones is not a 2. I have watched a few of his games. I've yet to see him score outside of 12 feet. Don't get me wrong he is super athletic and I know a lot of people fall in love with the expert recruiting rankings, but I think Malachi and Lydon are better players. We are better off focusing on the 4/5 as I believe Lydon can play the three better than jones can play the two. If we get Diange and/ or Bryant we have a top three class for 2015.

Isn't Jones a blocking machine too?
Have to see him on his HS team because from what I understand he plays inside at the 4 for them. When I saw him twice over the summer in AAU, I was a little disappointed that he lacked the fundamentals of how to use his length and athleticism to rebound in traffic. The only time he grabbed a board was if the ball came directly to him. As far as shot blocking, it was hard to judge because he mainly guarded out on the perimeter, but he did cause a lot of problems with his length, creating turnovers with steals and deflecting passes.

What're Jones' measurements?
At the USA Camp back in June he measured in at 6'6, 180, 6'11 wingspan. He's still only 16 years old so obviously he'll fill out some more over the next few years. I'll be really intrigued if he eventually becomes 6'8. At 6'6, I just view him more as a luxury than need at this point.

Have to see him on his HS team because from what I understand he plays inside at the 4 for them. When I saw him twice over the summer in AAU, I was a little disappointed that he lacked the fundamentals of how to use his length and athleticism to rebound in traffic. The only time he grabbed a board was if the ball came directly to him. As far as shot blocking, it was hard to judge because he mainly guarded out on the perimeter, but he did cause a lot of problems with his length, creating turnovers with steals and deflecting passes.

At the USA Camp back in June he measured in at 6'6, 180, 6'11 wingspan. He's still only 16 years old so obviously he'll fill out some more over the next few years. I'll be really intrigued if he eventually becomes 6'8. At 6'6, I just view him more as a luxury than need at this point.

First of all, thank you for being the closest thing to all knowing on this forum.

With a 6'11 wingspan... I gotta believe at 16 he'll grow at least another inch or two.

Call me Crazy but I would like to see Diange and Silva, if we do not get one of them I would like to see Jones. The reason why is as long as you have length, IE 6-8 or taller athletic guys you do not need a traditional large body center, is nice for them to be tall and block shots like Keita but just like this year you can run the front line in so many different scenarios, already have two big bodies in Coleman and Obokoh. But do not get me wrong any of these guys would be great. Very excited about the next two year class's it good time to be an orange fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom