LIB. Cuse
9-5. 3-9
6-5. 4-8
6-5. 4-8
6-5. 4-8
6-6. 10-3
8-5. 5-7
5-0. 1-4

Not sure why you're surprised with today's outcome, considering the YTD performance of both teams, statistically and on / off the field, and trend wise over the last five to six years.

Liberty has been winning for six years and also have numerous D1 transfers in their program over the past few years.

They have upperclassmen throughout their two deep.

We have a new OC and DC, depth decimation due to injury and opt out on both sides of the ball.

The only shock I had today was that we didn't get a look at one of true frosh qb in the fourth quarter.

LIB. Cuse
9-5. 3-9
6-5. 4-8
6-5. 4-8
6-5. 4-8
6-6. 10-3
8-5. 5-7
5-0. 1-4

Not sure why you're surprised with today's outcome, considering the YTD performance of both teams, statistically and on / off the field, and trend wise over the last five to six years.

Liberty has been winning for six years and also have numerous D1 transfers in their program over the past few years.

We have a new OC and DC, depth decimation due to injury and opt out on both sides of the ball.

The only shock I had today was that we didn't get a look at one of true frosh qb in the fourth quarter.
Context needed

LIB. Cuse
9-5. 3-9
6-5. 4-8
6-5. 4-8
6-5. 4-8
6-6. 10-3
8-5. 5-7
5-0. 1-4

You might want to look up who those wins were against before using Libertys record as evidence.

Wow. We’ve sunk so low in a couple years. This is what we expect to happen against Liberty? This might be worse than Rutgers.

No. They have years and years of much worse. It’s bad, but not prolonged Rutgers bad.

No. They have years and years of much worse. It’s bad, but not prolonged Rutgers bad.

I didn’t mean it quite in that way. You’re right we aren’t at that level and please for my daughters sake I hope we never get there.

When your trying to use the past history of a school that was playing 1AA three years ago to support the coach or whatever point the OP is trying to make you ve already lost.
No, im disproving the title of the thread, why are we shocked? the OP is citing records while comparing our records in the ACC. Its the classic well if you played a full season in our conference your record would be...

See my earlier posts, I am not defending this staff at all

The only thing that is shocking to me, is the utter lack of shock that we got beat down by Liberty.

That has nothing to do with Liberty, and everything to do with Syracuse.

This program is in shambles.

If people want to give Dino another year, whatever, fine.. I’m pretty apathetic to Syracuse Football at the moment. But what are you placing your faith in?... Dude hasn’t done anything aside from one year with a senior QB who he inherited.

No, im disproving the title of the thread, why are we shocked? the OP is citing records while comparing our records in the ACC. Its the classic well if you played a full season in our conference your record would be...

See my earlier posts, I am not defending this staff at all

I was talking about the OP and agreeing with you.

The only thing that is shocking to me, is the utter lack of shock that we got beat down by Liberty.

That has nothing to do with Liberty, and everything to do with Syracuse.

This program is in shambles.

If people want to give Dino another year, whatever, fine.. I’m pretty apathetic to Syracuse Football at the moment. But what are you placing your faith in?... Dude hasn’t done anything aside from one year with a senior QB who he inherited.

The truth is Dino is a nice guy and there's at least a 30-35% of this board who desperately want him back next year for a variety of reasons and are pointing to any reason/excuse/rationale they can. Bottom line is if you look at this program from the outside it looks like a staff that hit a fluke year in 2018 and has been a mess every other year.

The truth is Dino is a nice guy and there's at least a 30-35% of this board who desperately want him back next year for a variety of reasons and are pointing to any reason/excuse/rationale they can. Bottom line is if you look at this program from the outside it looks like a staff that hit a fluke year in 2018 and has been a mess every other year.
I hate to admit it but ur exactly right.

In my head I hear the title of this thread being shouted Iike "Are you not entertained" from Gladiator.

I expect he will be back next year, for a variety of reasons. He has 2 new coordinators who have had a limited opportunity to impact recruiting and advance player development. As a group, they need to be more aggressive in finding transfers to fix gaps in the talent. It really isn’t the “staff that hit a fluke year” when you have both coordinators replaced and a couple of new assistants brought in as better recruiters.

‘From the outside, though, it looks like a program that has been bad for 16 years, with the modest exception of 4 bowl seasons. A program that has had to recycle its coaching staffs (not including Marrone) because the challenges are tough and the solutions are always elusive. An outside view might suggest that it won’t get much better unless and until recruiting can get better. And the staff changes last year were a reflection of that.

By "from the outside," I assume you mean superficially. Yes, superficially, you see 4-8, 4-8, 10-3, 5-7, 1-4 and think 10-3 was a "fluke year" and the rest was "a mess." But, if you look closer, in the first two 4-8 years the team was getting faster, bigger, stronger and was becoming fun to watch again. That progression culminated in the 10-3 season. Then our dual-threat quarterback graduated, the o-line was terrible and I, for one, didn't see any progress in other areas. This year the defense looked good for three games, but the offense was terrible. The past two games, the offense has shown signs of life with Rex at the helm, but the defense is being gashed by the run.

I don't know enough about football to know where to place the blame or how to fix things. I do believe (faith with evidence) that SU will not succeed without a true dual-threat QB. The rest, I don't know. I don't know how you get guys to stop dropping passes and acting like a$$holes. (Although I suspect that the latter is due to a lack of senior leadership). I don't know how you prevent a ridiculous amount of injuries to the O-line. And now they're happening all over the field. (I have thought from early last year, that they need a new OL coach). I don't know at what point you turn the team over to a rookie QB, but plenty of teams do and have success. I also don't know how to decide at what point you pull the plug on the head coach, though I don't think it is this year, nor the next.

I like Dino a lot, but his coach-speak and unwarranted desire for secrecy is wearing thin. This year is a mulligan, but the team has to get back to where they're playing hard every play, competitive in every game, and fun to watch. That's all I ask; I just want to enjoy watching SU football and last year and this year so far haven't been fun to watch.

Whether he comes back or not I really don’t care. My life will go on as it doesn’t revolve around SU Sports. However I am a realist and because of the current situation we are in I would be shocked if he wasn’t back next year due to monetary concerns. I would also be concerned about optics of canning a coach during this mess. Just my thoughts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom