why cant a great program ever suck? | Syracusefan.com

why cant a great program ever suck?

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
kentucky loses twice "theyll be fine, theyre young, you wont wanna play them in march"

duke loses twice "theyll be fine, coach k will get these guys better, you wont wanna play them in march"

kansas loses twice "theyll be fine, theyre young, you wont wanna play them in march"

just once id love 1 of the announcers to say "kansas looked awful today, theyve been so unimpressive all year, i dont see this team going very far in march"

Well define sucks? pretty certain that KU and Duke with be 4 seeds or higher in the tourney

kentucky loses twice "theyll be fine, theyre young, you wont wanna play them in march"

duke loses twice "theyll be fine, coach k will get these guys better, you wont wanna play them in march"

kansas loses twice "theyll be fine, theyre young, you wont wanna play them in march"

just once id love 1 of the announcers to say "kansas looked awful today, theyve been so unimpressive all year, i dont see this team going very far in march"

Because its still the first week of december? everybody is still growing right now.

Also pretty sure they said that about us after we got our butts cut off and handed to us by GTown at the end of the regular season a year ago. Guess how that worked out for everybody but Michigan?

Because talent is obvious.

Because its still the first week of december? everybody is still growing right now.

Also pretty sure they said that about us after we got our butts cut off and handed to us by GTown at the end of the regular season a year ago. Guess how that worked out for everybody but Michigan?

i guarantee nobody had us going to the final 4 after that gtown debacle.

Because talent is obvious.

everyone was saying kentucky would be fine when they struggled early last year. how did that work out? no matter how bad these teams look nobody will criticize them. we're probably the same way to a certain extent, but seriously kansas could lose by 50 and the only thing youll here is "theyll be fine"

how many times does it have to be repeated? Kentucky was looking really good until Noel went down and ended their season.

it's always curious to see how far the "great" programs fall after a loss. whereas syracuse might drop say 8 spots a duke loss sets them back only 3.

how many times does it have to be repeated? Kentucky was looking really good until Noel went down and ended their season.

really good??? they were ranked #3 preseason. by the time of the florida game where he got hurt they had 6 losses (on their way to 7) and unranked.

maybe it takes time for a young team which plays a tough OOC schedule to start firing on all cylinders

History has a way of showing what might happen in the future. KU doesn't suck even if they haven't been dominant yet this year. They probably will be a very tough out come March...

If they gave out championship trophies in early December ...

Because those programs are pre-designated / anointed to be top 10. Doesn't matter that they've lost games early, including some non-impressive losses. They won't drop.

No - they were looking like a team that was going to get into the tournament, but they were nowhere near on track for a top 4 seed when Noel went down. That is not the definition of a really good team.

The thing I like better about rankings like KenPom instead of AP rankings is there are no biases as to what shirt you are wearing. Also, early in the season people tend to pick one or two losses too much for some teams, and this system will not do that. I wouldn't go about handing a championship based on KP - but there are no championships for AP either.

Entering today
9. Kansas
10. Kentucky
25. Duke

I think those are pretty fair rankings. |You can disagree with the ranking or KP methodology, but at least you know the shirt the team is wearing does not matter.

Also, you have to remember that losing to Colorado on the road is not a bad loss at all - it was a pick em game. Syracuse may have been a 1 or 2 point favourite on the road at Colorado today.

They were looking OK. good enough to make the 2nd weekend of the tourney but not final four.

it's always curious to see how far the "great" programs fall after a loss. whereas syracuse might drop say 8 spots a duke loss sets them back only 3.

good thing college hoops polls don't mean squat

i guarantee nobody had us going to the final 4 after that gtown debacle.
that GTown debacle was our 8th loss of the year, and 4th out of 5 games overall and the 4th loss out of the last 5 road games. Not surprising at all that nobody picked SU to the FF.

Kansas, Kentucky and Duke all lost neutral or away court games to pretty good teams early in the year - the UK and KU losses were pretty close, as well. And, btw, I have read several things pointing toward trouble ahead for Duke.

I don't understand the need to obsess over other programs and point out every flaw no matter how minute . . . it comes across as a lack of confidence in the legitimacy of our own, IMO.

that GTown debacle was our 8th loss of the year, and 4th out of 5 games overall and the 4th loss out of the last 5 road games. Not surprising at all that nobody picked SU to the FF.

Kansas, Kentucky and Duke all lost neutral or away court games to pretty good teams early in the year - the UK and KU losses were pretty close, as well. And, btw, I have read several things pointing toward trouble ahead for Duke.

I don't understand the need to obsess over other programs and point out every flaw no matter how minute . . . it comes across as a lack of confidence in the legitimacy of our own, IMO.

im not obsessing but you never get an accurate assessment of these teams from the "experts". theyll be fine, theyre young, theyll be better in march, you wont wanna play them in march, etc. watching sportscenter and the first thing i hear about kansas is "theyll be fine".

im not obsessing but you never get an accurate assessment of these teams from the "experts". theyll be fine, theyre young, theyll be better in march, you wont wanna play them in march, etc. watching sportscenter and the first thing i hear about kansas is "theyll be fine".

I don't want to play Kansas or Kentucky in March.

how many times does it have to be repeated? Kentucky was looking really good until Noel went down and ended their season.[/quote
Actually they were not, better than after the injury for sure, but they had some issues.

That's not true, they were already discussed as being on the bubble

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom