Why can't Moyer stay? | Syracusefan.com

Why can't Moyer stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
I know there were a lot of hard feelings but that is life in the big leagues. There are no 5 star guys out there that the coaches would make a playing time deal with and if the staff went out and got a role player, I don't think he would be better than MM. They haven't got anyone yet, so the door is still open, maybe on purpose. The French term that comes to mind rapprochement.
rap·proche·ment
ˌrapˌrōSHˈmän,ˌrapˌrôSHˈmän/
noun
  1. (especially in international relations) an establishment or resumption of harmonious relations.
    "there were signs of a growing rapprochement between the two countries"
    synonyms: reconciliation, increased understanding, detente, restoration of harmony, agreement, cooperation, harmonization, softening
    "growing political and diplomatic rapprochement between the two countries"

upload_2018-4-5_8-25-16.png

upload_2018-4-5_8-25-16.png

I don't think he wants to be here.
I know it's easy to be unhappy in a place and think it's terrible and someplace else will be perfect, but quite often it isn't. And many times it is worse and you look back and think it wasn't bad there at all and regret the decision. Feelings can change, nothing is set in stone at this point.

Moyer probably would have stayed if Boeheim wasn't so snotty. That's life in our world we have to accept.

I love Moyer, how he recruited for this school, how hard he played for this school every time he was on the court. The only person who couldn't see, or refused to acknowledge these facts, was Boeheim.

He couldn't even give Moyer and his family the benefit of the doubt when Moyer felt he couldn't play. That's the kind of kid who WOULD play hurt and not complain.

In fairness, I will say that Dolezaj's drastic improvement over the last few games only aggravated this situation as it kept Moyer on the bench ...but probably more on the bench than truly justified.

I've tried to stay out of this discussion, but every time another thread comes up about him it stings all over again

Moyer probably would have stayed if Boeheim wasn't so snotty. That's life in our world we have to accept.

I love Moyer, how he recruited for this school, how hard he played for this school every time he was on the court. The only person who couldn't see, or refused to acknowledge these facts, was Boeheim.

He couldn't even give Moyer and his family the benefit of the doubt when Moyer felt he couldn't play. That's the kind of kid who WOULD play hurt and not complain.

In fairness, I will say that Dolezaj's drastic improvement over the last few games only aggravated this situation as it kept Moyer on the bench ...but probably more on the bench than truly justified.

I've tried to stay out of this discussion, but every time another thread comes up about him it stings all over again
Wouldn't it be possible to have a meeting and admit mistakes were made by both sides and come to a new understanding? It would be of benefit to everyone.

Dolezaj's play definitely played a part, but not to rehash this thread over and over, wouldn't common sense say that JAB was deferring to his medical team and to Matt himself. If both said he could play then why would JAB think differently. It wasn't until Moyer's parents got involved and they made the decision for Matt to sit.

Matt wanted to play. We have to assume the medical staff said he was ok to play.

Matt might not want to transfer. For all we know, TT didn't want to transfer either. Unfortunately, it might not matter what they think.

Wouldn't it be possible to have a meeting and admit mistakes were made by both sides and come to a new understanding? It would be of benefit to everyone.

You would think, but it takes people putting their egos aside on both sides to get to that mutually beneficial place. Which probably isn't the case on either side here.

This whole 60% uninjured thing. Not everyone is going to feel its a great idea to try to help a team at 60%. I guess this shows the enormity of commitment that can happen in a team sport. Its too bad for a team to ever get in a situation it needs a player who is at 60%. That seems so low, especially from a player not always respected at 100%. It is easy to feel resentment in relationships.

Our first glimpse of Moyer and JB came early in the season, when Moyer mysteriously jacked up a three in a game and JB said at the postgame press conference that that “would never happen again” and I think it’s correct that as Dolejaz improved, Moyer lost minutes.

But the Cardinal and maybe even unforgivable sin was in the the ankle incident and the involvement of the parents. It’s not clear how much of that was due to the parents taking off on their own and insisting Matt not play or whether Matt complained to the parents and they provided him cover. (Plenty on here are prepared to guess)

But it hardly matters. Moyer didn’t play in a game where the team and JB needed him even though it appeared to the medical staff and to JB, based on watching him at practice, that he could have.

Here’s a player who is a raw talent, who is prone to doing mysterious things in games, who now appears to be unwilling to play through some pain in a situation where the team is seriously short handed.

From JBs perspective he sees Battle and Frank and Brissett playing their guts out including playing through injuries. Sidebe is playing with a bad leg when asked.

How is it fair to apply a different standard or different expectations to Moyer? What kind of message does that send to the rest of the team.

Would it be to JBs advantage to allow Matt to recant? Well, maybe, because more players are better than fewer ... up to a limit.

One of the things that jumped out at me watching Villanova was how tough they were. Brunson isn’t a great talent, but he’s one tough SOB. In the first few trips down the floor, he backed his man down and pretty much over powered him. Same with Archidiacano. Not a great talent, but tough as nails.

JB just lived through the Roberson era with a very good talent with a lackadaisical attitude.

Apologies, no matter how sincere and well-intentioned, do little to resurrect respect and trust.

Jimmy could always get down on his knees and beg foregiveness.

Our first glimpse of Moyer and JB came early in the season, when Moyer mysteriously jacked up a three in a game and JB said at the postgame press conference that that “would never happen again” and I think it’s correct that as Dolejaz improved, Moyer lost minutes.

But the Cardinal and maybe even unforgivable sin was in the the ankle incident and the involvement of the parents. It’s not clear how much of that was due to the parents taking off on their own and insisting Matt not play or whether Matt complained to the parents and they provided him cover. (Plenty on here are prepared to guess)

But it hardly matters. Moyer didn’t play in a game where the team and JB needed him even though it appeared to the medical staff and to JB, based on watching him at practice, that he could have.

Here’s a player who is a raw talent, who is prone to doing mysterious things in games, who now appears to be unwilling to play through some pain in a situation where the team is seriously short handed.

From JBs perspective he sees Battle and Frank and Brissett playing their guts out including playing through injuries. Sidebe is playing with a bad leg when asked.

How is it fair to apply a different standard or different expectations to Moyer? What kind of message does that send to the rest of the team.

Would it be to JBs advantage to allow Matt to recant? Well, maybe, because more players are better than fewer ... up to a limit.

One of the things that jumped out at me watching Villanova was how tough they were. Brunson isn’t a great talent, but he’s one tough SOB. In the first few trips down the floor, he backed his man down and pretty much over powered him. Same with Archidiacano. Not a great talent, but tough as nails.

JB just lived through the Roberson era with a very good talent with a lackadaisical attitude.
I would give Moyer a pass on his play as he a freshman and was forced into playing do largely to guys leaving for the NBA who the staff thought would take most of the minuets. Marek took the opposite approach and wouldn't do anything that would incur Boeheim's wrath, which worked for him but put a lot of pressure on the other 3 scorers.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

That’s a lot of assumptions.

I have a hard time believing it’s “JB - monster” and “Moyers - perfect”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom