Why can't SU be the highest bidder? | Syracusefan.com

Why can't SU be the highest bidder?

BlueCurtain

2nd String
SU isn't currently built to win these long drag-em out battles, where parents/handlers are looking for the highest bidder by the deadline.

If we are short on benefit$ and handler$, then maybe it's time for TDG to address this on the fundraising circuit - or at least off the record.

I'm pretty sure those bible-thumping Kentucky fans do not lose any sleep over the alleged corruption, so why are we so obsessed about staying clean? Everyone has skeletons in the closet. If the NCAA slaps us on the wrist in exchange for a couple titles that's a pretty good deal.

Kentucky/Calipari has no shame - and that's their biggest advantage. The whole system is a messed up charade, and if you can't beat the system, then it's time to embrace the system for what it is and level the playing field.

If we are short on benefit$ and handler$, then maybe it's time for TDG to address this on the fundraising circuit - or at least off the record.

I'm pretty sure those bible-thumping Kentucky fans do not lose any sleep over the alleged corruption, so why are we so obsessed about staying clean? Everyone has skeletons in the closet. If the NCAA slaps us on the wrist in exchange for a couple titles that's a pretty good deal.

Kentucky has no shame - and that's their biggest advantage. The whole system is a messed up charade, and if you can't beat the system, then it's time to embrace the system for what it is and level the playing field.
Kentucky will pay for their sins

Kentucky will pay for their sins
Maybe in 10 years. In the meantime they'll dominate ESPN, collect all the glory, and the trophies. State morale will be up. Depression and suicide rates will be down. And here in upstate NY we'll be playing second or third fiddle, always reaching for the grail.

What a joke. How many people are basically confirming there was a bidding war for Noel? Yet the NCAA does nothing?

How many people are basically confirming there was a bidding war for Noel?
nobody

you can't cite a single named source - it is all just innuendo spread for various reasons (a) plain old sour grapes (b) to feed the mob and gain "likes" (c) to cover your azz for making a lousy prediction or pretending you had dialed-in sources

there was no "bidding war." Noel picked Kentucky because it was best positioned to suit his goals - to get to the NBA as soon as possible in as high a draft slot as possible. that is what carried the day, period, end of discussion.

nobody

you can't cite a single named source - it is all just innuendo spread for various reasons (a) plain old sour grapes (b) to feed the mob and gain "likes" (c) to cover your azz for making a lousy prediction or pretending you had dialed-in sources

there was no "bidding war." Noel picked Kentucky because it was best positioned to suit his goals - to get to the NBA as soon as possible in as high a draft slot as possible. that is what carried the day, period, end of discussion.
I'm saying why wouldn't the NCAA investigate this. Nevermind they're too busy investigating kids like Michael Oher because their parents might want them to go to a certain school.

nobody

I saw a eagle swoop down at the river and grab a fish out of the water. No one was around to witness so i guess it didnt happen because i cant prove it. This actually happened btw. Moqui you live in a fantasy world , i never thought you were this naive.

If you don't think Kentucky is paying kids you are naive, they have a history of doing it and they most likely are doing it now. Their boosters have historically taken care of "family", it's just they way they do business.

If you don't think Kentucky is paying kids you are naive, they have a history of doing it and they most likely are doing it now. Their boosters have historically taken care of "family", it's just they way they do business.
Memphis was the same way with Cal and all those FedEx Memphis alums

Right now we're under far too much scrutiny with Fine/Fab/Drugs and whatnot. If we're gonna turn to the dark side, we should wait a few years for another school to become the bad guy du jour.

I saw a eagle swoop down at the river and grab a fish out of the water. No one was around to witness so i guess it didnt happen because i cant prove it. This actually happened btw. Moqui you live in a fantasy world , i never thought you were this naive.
you would be an eye witness in that case . . . in the kentucky case, you cannot name one, not even off the record

you are usually a good poster, AC, but you are embarrassing yourself.

you would be an eye witness in that case . . . in the kentucky case, you cannot name one, not even off the record

you are usually a good poster, AC, but you are embarrassing yourself.

I dont think so your elitist mentality has gotten to your head my friend. Btw who says i cant name one, its not really beneificial to anyone because internet poster moqui told me he has access to investigative reporters lol.

What a joke. How many people are basically confirming there was a bidding war for Noel? Yet the NCAA does nothing?
Who exactly confirmed a bidding war? Was there a bidding war on Coleman too? What do the secret unnamed sources say?

Who exactly confirmed a bidding war? Was there a bidding war on Coleman too? What do the secret unnamed sources say?
You're gonna sit there and call Jake a liar? The dude called it straight all the way til the announcement. And he was even right on that. He's got legit sources.

Was there a bidding war on Coleman too?
btw people close to DC2 talk about how his girlfriend was offered a job in lexington a la Chris Duhon's mother's 100K desk job in Durham

You're gonna sit there and call Jake a liar? The dude called it straight all the way til the announcement. And he was even right on that. He's got legit sources.

Well perhaps Jake should contact Yahoo, ESPN or some other credible news outlet with his evidence.

btw people close to DC2 talk about how his girlfriend was offered a job in lexington a la Chris Duhon's mother's 100K desk job in Durham

Did they report this to the NCAA? Why are so many people trying to protect Kentucky?

NCAA probably realizes they can't control outside boosters. Third-party people are always going to do what they can to make sure their school is getting an upper hand, and it's likely impossible the NCAA can do anything about it, especially when the third-party boosters have no direct connection to the university. Probably not even worth the effort.

Jake posted late Wednsday afternoon that NN was done to Georgetown. He said that "unless things change in the next three hours." So I guess we should assume that at THAT time he was going to Georgetown.

Not soon after that he makes his "Wow" post.

Are we to assume that in that time he got that UK shaved into his head?

I dont think so your elitist mentality has gotten to your head my friend. Btw who says i cant name one, its not really beneificial to anyone because internet poster moqui told me he has access to investigative reporters lol.
every reporter in America would love to bust open a story like that, yet none of those paid professionals have the info that you do? and you will sit there and complain about Calipari, yet not divulge the secret info you have that could bring the whole thing down? that would make you complicit - that is, if there was an actual conspiracy, which there isn't.

it's BS and you know it.
in this case? yes, I will, even though it will probably earn me a ban. and, please, stop with the "he called it." Yes, he has legit sources, but not on this. He made 500 different predictions and dropped the money innuendo at the last minute just to cover his azz.

every reporter in America would love to bust open a story like that, yet none of those paid professionals have the info that you do? and you will sit there and complain about Calipari, yet not divulge the secret info you have that could bring the whole thing down? that would make you complicit - that is, if there was an actual conspiracy, which there isn't.

it's BS and you know it.

in this case? yes, I will, even though it will probably earn me a ban. and, please, stop with the "he called it." Yes, he has legit sources, but not on this. He made 500 different predictions and dropped the money innuendo at the last minute just to cover his azz.

Remember the ESPN article when they interviewed players who had declared and some well known D1 coaches anonymously?

I think one quote from a lottery pick was something along the lines of, "You mean your coach didn't set up accounts for you around town?"