Why didn't we recruit Shabez Muhammid? | Syracusefan.com

Why didn't we recruit Shabez Muhammid?

Orangefan1

All Conference
I have heard he had some recruiting issues, but wouldn't he be worth the wait?

Lets not invite the NCAA in any deeper. Where would he play. CJ and James have earned their shots. So has Rak. Would he play BEHIND Brandon. You gonna air Grant.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Kid loves the west coast, doubt he would want to play in the northeast but thats just my opinion, and like tuttle said his recruitment doesnt have the greatest rep right now

I think Shabazz is a stupid name, but you just completely butchered that and Muhammad.

Lets not invite the NCAA in any deeper. Where would he play. CJ and James have earned their shots. So has Rak. Would he play BEHIND Brandon. You gonna sit Grant for the year.

volume shooter. might just be a better austin rivers. I don't want that on my team

Because we don't recruit every potential one and doner regardless of the situation.

Who was the last kid we recruited out of Vegas, or landed from somewhere west of Tulsa for that matter (and Sean Williams does not count). I wouldn't expect us to have much of a chance with a player of his caliber who isn't in or near one of our recruiting sweet spots - along the Eastern corridor.

volume shooter. might just be a better austin rivers. I don't want that on my team

I've seen him play in person four times this year and this statement could not be farther from the truth. Most of his shots are layups and dunks but he does have a decent jumpshot as well (I think he went 6 for 6 from 3 at one of the games I went to). If he came to Cuse he would start right away and probably score about 17 a game. He just goes and goes, plays harder then anyone else on the court. If I had my choice I would take him over Noel simply because I think our offense is a bigger problem then our defense.

1. Though it may have changed, I thought he was a heavy UCLA lean early on, so maybe it wasn't worth the effort recruiting.

2. Volume shooters are not a problem. Volume missers are.

Our best finisher ever was from Crenshaw High and the hard streets of LA, but it's certainly been awhile.

I hope to god you're not talking about Jason Hart... Jason Hart and "best finisher ever" should never be included together in the same sentence.

I hope to god you're not talking about Jason Hart... Jason Hart and "best finisher ever" should never be included together in the same sentence.

I was always up to no good at Inglewood, not Crenshaw.

He's referring to Stephen Thompson.

I was always up to no good at Inglewood, not Crenshaw.

He's referring to Stephen Thompson.

Isn't Jason really the last player that we've successfully recruited from the West Coast...again, I'm not sure I consider awarding Sean Williams a scholarship a recruiting coup.

Isn't Jason really the last player that we've successfully recruited from the West Coast...again, I'm not sure I consider awarding Sean Williams a scholarship a recruiting coup.
UNC and Dook have had some great recent success recruiting the west coast... Larry Drew II, David Wear, Travis Wear, Taylor King...

Sorry, but there shouldn't be a reason to worry about the NCAA no matter how deep they dig.
EVERY SCHOOL is in violation of some NCAA rule, knowingly or not. Hell my brother got improper benefits at St. Peter's, playing tennis. (Rides to and from airport by the coach, stuff like that.)

UNC and Dook have had some great recent success recruiting the west coast... Larry Drew II, David Wear, Travis Wear, Taylor King...
Sarcasm?

The Wear brothers actually put up decent numbers this past year. I think leaving was more a case of home sickness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom