Why do people prefer the gameday thread to the Chat Room? | Syracusefan.com

Why do people prefer the gameday thread to the Chat Room?

SWC75

Bored Historian
We've had some wonderful chats over the years for games with 12-15 people in the chat, interacting with each other. Tonight, I was the only one there, aside from an occasional look-in by IIandz. The gameday thread is much more structured and people just sort of blurt out their observations, (and fill up the Alert list). i guess we're preserving the gameday threads but does anybody try to read them after the day of the game? The Chat Room is a cool option this board provides us. Why don't people use it?

Payside chat rooms used to be great. Lots of "scoops" were shared. Back when people actually had real scoops.

We've had some wonderful chats over the years for games with 12-15 people in the chat, interacting with each other. Tonight, I was the only one there, aside from an occasional look-in by IIandz. The gameday thread is much more structured and people just sort of blurt out their observations, (and fill up the Alert list). i guess we're preserving the gameday threads but does anybody try to read them after the day of the game? The Chat Room is a cool option this board provides us. Why don't people use it?
I’ve always been a football chat room guy. I’ll try to make more basketball ones thiugh

It is strange because the chatroom is so much better for live game commentary.

I love the chat room. Makes me feel more connected from AZ. Tonight I was doing some work putting together a transaction I am in and was multi tasking most of the game. Also was following the women's stats. Tomorrow I should be a more active participant.

I never even knew we had one for each game. Can we provide a different color link for it or something to that effect so we can join? Thanks

I never even knew we had one for each game. Can we provide a different color link for it or something to that effect so we can join? Thanks

There's a light blue "Chat" at the top of the page.

Well, it’s on the pay side….so
The chat room here is free. It's on the menu at the top, just to the right of the Donate option, but you don't have to pay anything to join the chat room.
I prefer the chat room as I find it's more conversational than the game thread, more immediate, and I don't have to keep hitting refresh and then try to catch up to all the latest posts.

Dont worry, when you achieve the syracusefan.com "Gold" member status you will see the link.
The game Chats are not available to everybody? What level is "gold" member status? Mine shows as a second stringer and I have access to the Chat, and I believe I always have from the beginning.
In the past, the link to the chat rooms was in a different location, but for a while now it's been on the main menu at the top of the page. Very easy to get into.

The game Chats are not available to everybody? What level is "gold" member status? Mine shows as a second stringer and I have access to the Chat, and I believe I always have from the beginning.
In the past, the link to the chat rooms was in a different location, but for a while now it's been on the main menu at the top of the page. Very easy to get into.
Dont Get It Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Back in the days when I rarely got the games on TV I would follow through the chat room or listen to on-line radio (which is way behind by as much as 10-20 seconds). Once ACCN came along my chat room participation declined. There are still several games I do not get on TV, but with the performance over the last few years I guess my "chat room" interest has fallen way off. Maybe I'll get in for some of the RSN games which I do not get on TV.

There are restrictions on comments in the game chat. If their comments are getting them booted from the game thread, I would assume similar comments would likely get booted from the chat as well. I don't think harsh player/coach criticisms are tolerated.

If anyone actually reads game threads after the fact and they either like or dislike my game rants, I say have at it. Who cares? Lol.