Why do the Debbie Downers want to talk about the BC loss but Wisconsin can lose to Northwestern | Syracusefan.com

Why do the Debbie Downers want to talk about the BC loss but Wisconsin can lose to Northwestern

Alsacs

Living Legend
at home.

Syracuse has been struggling since the Duke game, but we are 26-3. Basically every team in college basketball has a What loss.

Duke lost @Notre Dame, Michigan State has lost at HOME to both Illinois and Nebraska, Virginia lost @UW-Green Bay, Wisconsin lost at home to Northwestern, Arizona lost @Arizona State, Louisville has been swept by Memphis. Everyone struggles let's enjoy this season before we complain we aren't dominant.

at home.

Syracuse has been struggling since the Duke game, but we are 26-3. Basically every team in college basketball has a What loss.

Duke lost @Notre Dame, Michigan State has lost at HOME to both Illinois and Nebraska, Virginia lost @UW-Green Bay, Wisconsin lost at home to Northwestern, Arizona lost @Arizona State, Louisville has been swept by Memphis. Everyone struggles let's enjoy this season before we complain we aren't dominant.
And Michigan State can lose at home to Nebraska and Illinois (scoring 46 points) and the media keeps touting them as the best team and a threat to win it all. And Kentucky can lose to Arkansas and, get this, South Carolina and the media keeps pushing the idea that they have the most talent and are a threat to win it all. Most of the media doesn't like ly JB and are enthusiastically enjoying rubbing Cuse's nose in every loss. For fans loses are always deflating. If the team suffers them in mid season, it's easier to get past them if the team picks up steam again vs. if they come near the end of the season.

Weren't we expected to lose against Duke and VA anyway, according to unbiased odds? Having only one unexpected loss is good in my book and even that went to OT.

We lost at home (as a #1 ranked team) to a (at the time) 6-19 team, BC had lost 5 in a row and 8 of 9 before they beat us.. That has been the upset of the year so far.

BC's got a lousy record but most CBB experts had them as a tourney contender before the season started. Their win was magnified because it was SU's 1st of the year. If SU had 1-2 losses already, it would be looked like many of the other What losses mentioned above.

Kentucky is highly regarded because they are one of the teams with the most individual talent. It wouldn't be surprising if they had 6 future NBA players. Doesn't mean they are the best team, but I understand why they are still talked about as much as they are.

Alsacs said:
at home. Syracuse has been struggling since the Duke game, but we are 26-3. Basically every team in college basketball has a What loss. Duke lost @Notre Dame, Michigan State has lost at HOME to both Illinois and Nebraska, Virginia lost @UW-Green Bay, Wisconsin lost at home to Northwestern, Arizona lost @Arizona State, Louisville has been swept by Memphis. Everyone struggles let's enjoy this season before we complain we aren't dominant.

Because it is the upset of the year. And, we shouldn't measure against what other teams do. That game should have been a W. Doesn't matter where Duke lost of where MSU lost, it matters that BC was 6-19.

44cuse

And Michigan State can lose at home to Nebraska and Illinois (scoring 46 points) and the media keeps touting them as the best team and a threat to win it all. And Kentucky can lose to Arkansas and, get this, South Carolina and the media keeps pushing the idea that they have the most talent and are a threat to win it all. Most of the media doesn't like ly JB and are enthusiastically enjoying rubbing Cuse's nose in every loss. For fans loses are always deflating. If the team suffers them in mid season, it's easier to get past them if the team picks up steam again vs. if they come near the end of the season.

Nebraska and Arkansas aren't that bad, Arkansas is probably headed for the tournament.

Bc is an absolutely dreadful team, you can't lose to them in your building.

Nebraska and Arkansas aren't that bad, Arkansas is probably headed for the tournament.

Bc is an absolutely dreadful team, you can't lose to them in your building.
Both are bubble teams. Would be like SU losing to Clemson...not good.

The fact that BC is so bad, makes it mean even less to me. It was a fluke that was bound to happen. However, I understand if the media and other teams' fans make a bigger deal out of it. Fact is, at this point in the season, it's very much "what have you done for me lately" - not in the eyes of the selection committee, but in the eyes of fans and analysts around the nation. Every team has warts and we're not the only team struggling at this point in the season. All that matters is who turns it around and plays their best in the post-season. Hopefully we can pull it off.

The bad loss metric is defined as sub 100 in a team's resume, and the loss is specifically highlighted on your resume sheet. A

I agree they can't use the BC game against us, when comparing us to Wisconsin. But vs. other's who knows -- one bad game does not take away our entire body of work, but it is part of it. Duke, Virginia, Kansas which seem to be the team's we worry most about don't have anything near that bad.

Kansas overcame a brutal loss to TCU to get a #1 seed last year, but by selection sunday they were a clear #1 based on everything else.

I would be more comfortable on Selection Sunday if we had 4 losses, and that 4th loss was to Clemson rather than BC. But we still control our destiny because we have played well this year overall, so let's be happy with that.

because we have some idiots in our fan base

As the other thread was locked, I could not reply. I apologize, I must have confused with somebody else that said the #2 in the East would never be permitted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom