Why Georgia will be left out despite being a top 4 team | Syracusefan.com

Why Georgia will be left out despite being a top 4 team

Alsacs

Living Legend
Nonconference schedule includes Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee and UMass.
You can’t have that weak a nonconference schedule when you are a 2 loss team trying to get in.
I believe they are one of the 4 best teams but these 3 crappy teams can’t be excused as challenging yourself. Message needs to be sent. 1 loss this is acceptable.
If you want in CFB playoffs with 2 losses play a real nonconference schedule with only 1 tomato can.
Thus while I believe Georgia should be in the committee will use this schedule and put in Oklahoma.

That non conference schedule is a joke and I agree with you.

1 Loss Oklahoma Conference Champion
1 loss Ohio State Conference Champion

2 loss Georgia - NOT Conference Champion

If conference championships mean anything at all, Georgia will be left out.

If conference championships don't mean anything then don't penalize ND for not being in a conference. And don't have the P5 have conference championship games.

This is pretty much what it comes down to at the end of the day.

I think Oklahoma gets in, unfortunately for us.

Georgia had their chance to beat Alabama and couldn’t get it done, Next team up at bat, either OSU or OK.

If Nick Saban didn’t make the adjustments in the 2nd half, I think they lose but the adjustments were made and Alabama won.

Maybe they should make ND play the highest ranked G5 team as a pseudo Conference Championship so they both (G5 Team and ND) get to play that extra 13th game. Against a quality opponent.

For example, this year.
UCF skips their AAC Championship and plays ND.
Memphis plays the next best team in the opposite division.

Problem solved.

I think ND would absolutely smash UCF if they played each other.

Maybe they should make ND play the highest ranked G5 team as a pseudo Conference Championship so they both (G5 Team and ND) get to play that extra 13th game.

Having to play an extra Conference Championship game is big, ND doesn’t have to do that as they are “special”. Given that, they are undefeated too.

The lesson here is play a cream puff OC schedule and win your Conference.

Committee loves Georgia
Committee really really hates OUs defense
I could see them taking a pass as they have stated how much they dislike OUs defense and the love for SEC teams

Committee loves Georgia
I could see them taking a pass as they have stated how much they dislike OUs defense and the love for SEC teams

If that's the case then put Ohio State in above them both. OSU has only 1 wart really and that is the loss to Purdue.

One of the biggest problems with this system is the committee and the criteria they use.

Every year, it's a new committee and they all look at things differently every year, no consistency in how they choose.

Committee loves Georgia
I don't think anyone wants 2 SEC teams in this year and I don't think anyone wants to see a rematch of the same game that was just played int he first round.

If 2 teams from the same conference get in, they should always have to play each other so there is no chance of them meeting up in the title game.

if you want the 4 best teams OSU is in. they will be hard pressed to pass on them after the last 2 weeks.

Nonconference schedule includes Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee and UMass.
You can’t have that weak a nonconference schedule when you are a 2 loss team trying to get in.
I believe they are one of the 4 best teams but these 3 crappy teams can’t be excused as challenging yourself. Message needs to be sent. 1 loss this is acceptable.
If you want in CFB playoffs with 2 losses play a real nonconference schedule with only 1 tomato can.
Thus while I believe Georgia should be in the committee will use this schedule and put in Oklahoma.

Why did you leave GaTech out? Are u aware that MTSU is a decent squad? Certainly better than some of the non-conference scrubs that OU and OSU played.

I don't know who "deserves" to be the 4th team in...

If they use SOS for 1 loss teams to ultimately determine, it will be OSU.

If the hidden #1 factor is: "does anyone have a chance to beat Bama"... Georgia is in

Otherwise, Oklahoma

I don't think anyone wants 2 SEC teams in this year and I don't think anyone wants to see a rematch of the same game that was just played int he first round.

If 2 teams from the same conference get in, they should always have to play each other so there is no chance of them meeting up in the title game.
I agree no one wants it, just my feelings on what the committee has been saying and might end up doing

Georgia played a MTSU team that lost a close game in their conference championship, finished 8-5 and Ga Tech 7-5

Ohio State had a pair of 6-6 teams and a 2-10 team

Oklahoma played FL Atlantic 5-7, UCLA 3-9, and Army 9-2

For reference, we had
1-11, 7-5, 12-0

We will see if this newly constituted committee truly values a conference title.

If so, there is really no other logical choice (IMO) than:
  1. Alabama
  2. Clemson
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Oklahoma
What conference title did ND win? ;)

Repeat after me: Georgia is out

It’s really not that complicated

Why did you leave GaTech out? Are u aware that MTSU is a decent squad? Certainly better than some of the non-conference scrubs that OU and OSU played.
I said 3 of 4 were included. Ga. Tech just gets them to 9 P5 games like Oklahoma and Ohio State play as conference games.

Georgia scheduled way too light. Next year they have Notre Dame and Georgia Tech.
Middle Tennessee is in CUSA that isn’t even the best G5 conference.
They and the SEC teams for the most part play soft nonconference schedules.

One of the biggest problems with this system is the committee and the criteria they use.

Every year, it's a new committee and they all look at things differently every year, no consistency in how they choose.
Yup. It's people in a room with opinions.

Committee loves Georgia
Insane that they reference the different units. Did the team win the games? That’s all that matter. Screw style points or scheme. They have been ranked top 5 and avenged their only loss and Georgia didn’t win when they needed to this weekend. OU deserves to go IMO