Why is it "ok" if NN chooses UK? | Syracusefan.com

Why is it "ok" if NN chooses UK?

Alcuse01

Scout Team
I've seen it posted quite a lot on here, and also in the espn article that quoted one of the writers from the DO, that "cuse nation" would be OK if NN chose UK, but would be outraged if he chose GT. I don't get this at all.

I mean, I understand the outrage with GT... b/c its our rival and we hate all things GT and the Cuse program is much better.. and so on and so on... But why would losing out to UK be accepted? The same UK program that feels they are the #1 program in all the land...(in general -- not b/c of the NC) the same UK program that hired a BS coach who has a horrible rep for cheating?

Peronally I think it would suck to lose out to either program. And one would not be more accepted in my eyes.

Because we all expect to lose to KY...but not lose in a recruiting battle with Gtown.

I've seen it posted quite a lot on here, and also in the espn article that quoted one of the writers from the DO, that "cuse nation" would be OK if NN chose UK, but would be outraged if he chose GT. I don't get this at all.

I mean, I understand the outrage with GT... b/c its our rival and we hate all things GT and the Cuse program is much better.. and so on and so on... But why would losing out to UK be accepted? The same UK program that feels they are the #1 program in all the land...(in general -- not b/c of the NC) the same UK program that hired a BS coach who has a horrible rep for cheating?

Peronally I think it would suck to lose out to either program. And one would not be more accepted in my eyes.

For me, its pretty simple.

I don't want to lose him at all. But I'd be "outraged" because on top of losing him, I wouldn't want to then have to play against him at Georgetown. I'll be disappointed if we lose him to EITHER of those two programs, but if he ends up not coming to SU, then I'd prefer for him not to be a thorn in our side down the road.

Because Georgetown is stupider than Kentucky.

I have to agree with this, they are the most sutpider team in the country.

I understand the hate for our "historic rival" but it Gtown, with or without NN will not be playing for a NC next year (the one and only year he will be playing college ball), the talent is just not there. UK on the other had could depending on where Shabazz and NN go. We are fine, we have depth and experience at every position coming back on the floor, expecially at the 4/5.

I look at it no differently then if he went to a school like St. Johns. Wont bother me one bit because Gtown with NN still = 2, maybe 3 W's for us next year.

Because it will make gtown fans happy and that is a horrible horrible thing

"Okay" isn't the right word ... "Understandable" is more appropriate.

I live in Georgetown, and to the fans I speak to, this is like a NC for them. A win amongst wins. I whole heartedly do not want to see him in a GTown uniform as it would give them validation (in thier minds). Would so rather him go to UK and hope they choke in the tourney at somepoint that to play him and potentially lose to them. Because they are a sub-par program, the SU game for them is like an NC game. We cant have this.

For me, its plain and simple. If he does not choose Syracuse I would rather him go to GT, I do not want to see UK get him, then they would have another great team.
Noel is not going to make GT amazing all of a sudden.
Look at their roster, Starks, Lubick, Whittington, Hopkins, DRS, if they get Noel, Im pretty sure that still doesnt make them better then us.
Our goal is to win a NCAA championship, I could care less if we lose to GT three times if it means we win the Championship.

This is just how I feel, some people may not agree but that is fine.