Why Syracuse will win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse will win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- On Nunes, Bryan Manning of ‘Gobbler Country’ described the Hokie’s main problem: “The scheme is bad. The playcalling is bad. And the quarterback is just not very good. Look, we all like Braxton Burmeister, but he’s limited as a passer. The Hokies have several talented players on offense, but this coaching staff doesn’t know how to use them.” In other words, we are playing ourselves.

- Their coach hasn’t been all he was cracked up to be. Manning: “In his first season, he won 10 games and played in the ACC title game. However, it’s been going downhill since. A lot of bad has happened under his watch, such as losing the bowl streak, losing to Virginia, bad recruiting classes, embarrassing home losses, etc. It’s time for a change, and it has been for two years now.” Is there an echo in here?

- Can they stop our running game? Manning: “This is a massive challenge. VT’s defense has looked good at times under second-year DC Justin Hamilton. Tucker presents a different kind of challenge that concerns me. You add in a mobile QB like Shrader, and it could spell disaster for Tech’s defense. The Hokies struggle against dual-threat passers.” Do we have a dual-threat passer?

- MSN on Tech: “We say it every week, but the coaches truly should get the tight ends more involved. Nick Gallo can play.” Yeah.

- Athlon: “At 310 yards per game, the Hokies are last in the ACC in total offense. And the issues are only getting worse. The offensive numbers against Pittsburgh were disturbing: 90 rushing yards on 28 carries and 11-of-32 passing for 134 yards.” They won’t do much better than against our defense, which leads the nation in TFLs.

- Basically, we have Tucker and they don’t. He’ll be the one exceptional offensive threat on the field. And I don’t think they have a guy like the one who scared us away from using Shrader as a running back against Clemson.

- We lay the wood to somebody each year. Upsets of Tech in 2016, Clemson in 2017 and blow-outs of Florida State and Louisville in 2018, Duke in 2019, Georgia Tech last year. How about now?

- And if it’s close again, we are due. Even a blind squirrel gets the laces up eventually.

3-4 and 5+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

EB7A8E4E-C99E-43EC-950A-057431BD7B8B.jpeg

- On Nunes, Bryan Manning of ‘Gobbler Country’ described the Hokie’s main problem: “The scheme is bad. The playcalling is bad. And the quarterback is just not very good. Look, we all like Braxton Burmeister, but he’s limited as a passer. The Hokies have several talented players on offense, but this coaching staff doesn’t know how to use them.” In other words, we are playing ourselves.

- Their coach hasn’t been all he was cracked up to be. Manning: “In his first season, he won 10 games and played in the ACC title game. However, it’s been going downhill since. A lot of bad has happened under his watch, such as losing the bowl streak, losing to Virginia, bad recruiting classes, embarrassing home losses, etc. It’s time for a change, and it has been for two years now.” Is there an echo in here?

- Can they stop our running game? Manning: “This is a massive challenge. VT’s defense has looked good at times under second-year DC Justin Hamilton. Tucker presents a different kind of challenge that concerns me. You add in a mobile QB like Shrader, and it could spell disaster for Tech’s defense. The Hokies struggle against dual-threat passers.” Do we have a dual-threat passer?

- MSN on Tech: “We say it every week, but the coaches truly should get the tight ends more involved. Nick Gallo can play.” Yeah.

- Athlon: “At 310 yards per game, the Hokies are last in the ACC in total offense. And the issues are only getting worse. The offensive numbers against Pittsburgh were disturbing: 90 rushing yards on 28 carries and 11-of-32 passing for 134 yards.” They won’t do much better than against our defense, which leads the nation in TFLs.

- Basically, we have Tucker and they don’t. He’ll be the one exceptional offensive threat on the field. And I don’t think they have a guy like the one who scared us away from using Shrader as a running back against Clemson.

- We lay the wood to somebody each year. Upsets of Tech in 2016, Clemson in 2017 and blow-outs of Florida State and Louisville in 2018, Duke in 2019, Georgia Tech last year. How about now?

- And if it’s close again, we are due. Even a blind squirrel gets the laces up eventually.

3-4 and 5+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!
Unfortunately we have Dino and they don't, if it's close Dino will find a way to lose. So far this year everyone gets healthy against us.

3-4 and 5+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!
Wow, all of a sudden, I feel much more confident. Thanks, SWC. Hopefully I'll feel as good at around 4pm as I do now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom