Why was Girard in with 0.17 to go? | Syracusefan.com

Why was Girard in with 0.17 to go?

Symir was not good at all tonight, any other game you might see him in, but tonight was not his night

D was terrific at the end of the game. No need to change it. Q has been up and down- might be risky putting him in there after not playing all game. As was said, it wasn't Sy's night. Joe was the best option there since the unit was so solid.

Girard’s inability on defense is overblown, imo. He’s not a plus defender and he’s short for the zone. We have eyes; we know this. But he doesn’t ‘kill us’ on defense. His feet are not nearly as slow as suggested and he does have good awareness of the rotations and where he needs to be.

Girard’s inability on defense is overblown, imo. He’s not a plus defender and he’s short for the zone. We have eyes; we know this. But he doesn’t ‘kill us’ on defense. His feet are not nearly as slow as suggested and he does have good awareness of the rotations and where he needs to be.
It’s really all about the effort. He can play decent defense. He often chooses not to.

I don't know when, but Joe was subbed out for Symir. Was it after we gave the last foul? If so that's smart. That's when we had to play defense anyway.
The OP was from November 21st. I believe Symir came in with 13 second left today.

The OP was from November 21st. I believe Symir came in with 13 second left today.
Oops. I didn't notice that and assumed it was from today since it was near the top of the page.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom