Why | Syracusefan.com

Why

kcsu

Living Legend
Why hasn't Edwards played more this year. His upside is so much higher than Sid.
Is he horrible in practice or is JB to stubborn.
Guerrier and Edwards should have 3 times the minutes they have played. No excuse.

Edwards right now gets killed on the defensive glass. If we had better defensive rebounding wings I think Edwards would play a lot more

Why hasn't Edwards played more this year. His upside is so much higher than Sid.
Guerrier and Edwards should have 3 times the minutes they have played. No excuse.

Guerrier would have 3 times the minutes if he committed 3 times less fouls.

I don’t think we should delve into PT versus defensive capability.

The starting lineup would look a little different.

Yes, he has to be more careful with his fouls, but the poor defense doesn’t start at QG.

I'm satisfied with the way JB is bringing Guerrier along.
Edwards should get all the garbage time he can (like tonight) but I'm not sure feeding him to the wolves would help his development all that much.

Same with Edwards. We all want him to play more but he's not ready to play 20 minutes.

Baloney. JB doesn't play his bench. It is painfully obvious that both of these guys should have been playing more. There is no reason Edwards hasn't been on the floor 5 minutes a half.
Kinda, the reason is that he's not ready.

But the reason he's not ready is because he didn't get any run early!
He's definitely not strong enough but he won't hurt us any more than BS over 5 minutes. Same goes for BG in 5 minute spurts.

Baloney. JB doesn't play his bench. It is painfully obvious that both of these guys should have been playing more. There is no reason Edwards hasn't been on the floor 5 minutes a half.
First it was Washington then it was Goodine now it’s Edwards who is next.

There is no reason Edwards hasn't been on the floor 5 minutes a half.
Whatever the reason, agree -would like to see Edwards get some 1st/2nd half PT every game.
(+)
develop Edwards
better size/length at center (Edwards changed some shots tonight)
fewer Sidibe/Marek fouls makes them available at end of games vs on bench w/5 fouls
less physical punishment for Sidibe/Marek (esp Marek at 5) -stronger at end of game/thru season
(-)
Edwards learning curve (debatable) and less skill/production vs Sidibe. (debatable impact)

Edwards' services being req'd regularly at end of games due to foul trouble-
therefore the idea of playing him each half just seems to make sense to me.

Give me a break he’s paper thin. Glad he showed some flashes when he got garbage minutes.

First it was Washington then it was Goodine now it’s Edwards who is next.
Bras if he wasn't injured. Each one of those kids should be playing. Not a ton but some.

Case in point. Jim leaves Sid and or Marek in games when they have 2-3 fouls with 5 or less minutes in the half. Why not play Edwards?
Please answer the question.

If Guerrier was getting 3 times the minutes, he'd be playing almost 60 minutes per game and tbonezone would have to be institutionalized.

JB plays for the season as he should. Not for upside. That’s for offseason.

He looked completely lost for much of the season
This is funny .. he’s not hardly seen the floor since ACC play began so “much of the season” means while on the bench .. most of the Edwards takes are based on 1 play against Clemson. .. that’s it .. he also probably won the wake Forrest game for us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom