Wichita St | Syracusefan.com

Wichita St

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
ws.jpg

Is going to get the Shocker tonight at Indiana St! You heard it hear 1st! We will be the only undefeated left after tonight!!!

If they do, the. They're a joke. This is basically the only conference game where they will be tested. If they can't be up for it and win the game, then they are a total fraud.

Personally I don't think they're a total fraud, so I expect them to win this game.

JarHeadJim said:
Is going to get the Shocker tonight at Indiana St! You heard it hear 1st! We will be the only undefeated left after tonight!!!

Sure she's seen "the shocker" a few times in her life, well, in sure she'll feel it a few times tonight!!!!!

Shockers going down!!!!!

If they do, the. They're a joke. This is basically the only conference game where they will be tested. If they can't be up for it and win the game, then they are a total fraud.

I think they could lose tonight and still make a run at the Final Four. It's college hoops - teams lose conference games on the road.

Personally I don't think they're a total fraud, so I expect them to win this game.

I don't think they're a total fraud. I think they are somewhere amongst the top 15-20 teams in the country. And for that reason, I think they can be beat tonight. Whether or not they do get beat, is a different story. I expect a good game and Indiana St to pull it off.

I read their flight yesterday got canceled and they had to travel the same day as the game, arrving in town a few hours before tip time. So that won't help...

This is a very good team. They are a legit Final Four candidate. why wouldnt they be? they were just there.

We have good friends who are big Shocker fans. Need Cuse to beat them for the NC, so I have some serious bragging rights!

don't mean to sound rude but last year really means squat to any team. fact is wichita state is skating across a zambonied schedule. no bumps.

This is a very good team. They are a legit Final Four candidate. why wouldnt they be? they were just there.

Seriously. They have their core guys back, physical players with skill, and they've been there like you say. Early, VanVleet, Baker are all legit and Cotton is good. Five guys have made 16 threes or more and two of them have over 40 each. They aren't shooting it percentage-wise as well as last year from 3 if you want to nitpick at something. Here is a sick stat though and huge for tourney time. Early/VanVleet/Baker all shoot over 84% from the FT line. Yeah, they're a fraud, lol. :crazy:

it's a weak ass schedule. i mean seriously weak ass. grow up. play the big dogs. until then wichita st is 2 seed at best. big fish in a little pond.

it's a weak ass schedule. i mean seriously weak ass. grow up. play the big dogs. until then wichita st is 2 seed at best. big fish in a little pond.

What big dogs would want to play them early on? Gimme a break with the grow up. When Tourney time comes they will make some noise. I think they would've smoked a Kentucky or Kansas team trying to find themselves early in the season.

I was very impressed seeing them in person at the F4 last season. Wichita State had Louisville dead and nearly buried. Then Luke Hancock happened.

Came away impressed with them, though.

didn't happen. and what you think don't matter. fact is you don't reward a team with a #1 seed for playing such a weak ass schedule.
can you imagine what a monkey wrench it would throw into the scheduling if teams learned that THE EASY PATH was the true way?

You guys might have a point...if they didn't make the final four last year.

not one player on wichita is the same player they were last year and not one team they faced is the same either. players change and develop. last year means dick! i know it. you know it and the committee knows too.

now exactly who has wichita state beaten THIS YEAR that makes anyone think they are a number #1 seed ? answer is rather easy . NOBODY.
you wanna come sit and eat at the grownups table then maybe you'll get a bigger slice of pie. til then ...

and believe me when i say that SUwould not be #1 seed if we were undefeated and ran the same gauntlet.

Last edited:
didn't happen. and what you think don't matter. fact is you don't reward a team with a #1 seed for playing such a weak ass schedule.
can you imagine what a monkey wrench it would throw into the scheduling if teams learned that THE EASY PATH was the true way?
If you're in a non terrible mid major conference (a10, mvc, wcc) and you're a heavy favorite, putting together a weak schedule seems like the best plan.

If you can be confident you can get only 1 or 0 losses in conference, it's probably a fantastic plan. Avoid all terrible rpi games, maybe play 2 div 2 games (as the mwc does to great success), avoid any top 25 rpi game, and maybe by mistake land a top 50 rpi game. Hello number 1 seed and 2nd round knockout. There are worse fates than that.

If you're in a non terrible mid major conference (a10, mvc, wcc) and you're a heavy favorite, putting together a weak schedule seems like the best plan.

If you can be confident you can get only 1 or 0 losses in conference, it's probably a fantastic plan. Avoid all terrible rpi games, maybe play 2 div 2 games (as the mwc does to great success), avoid any top 25 rpi game, and maybe by mistake land a top 50 rpi game. Hello number 1 seed and 2nd round knockout. There are worse fates than that.

But what happens if you lose in your conference tourney? Then you have nothing to fall back on. I'd rather play a strong and competitive non-conference schedule like Memphis and Gonzaga usually do as almost an insurance policy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom