Wildhack Presser | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Presser

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Wildhack is calling in from the NCAA Tournament bubble in Indianapolis

Syracuse AD John Wildhack: "It's been a remarkable year for everybody. We understand that. ... I'm really proud of our student athletes and I'm very proud of our staff for what they've done, what they've accomplished."

Syracuse AD John Wildhack: "We knew there were going to be challenges and this goes really back to August. From that time, I've said, 'All we're trying to do is create a path for competition.' If I had $1 for every time I've used that phrase, I'd be very well off right now."

Syracuse AD John Wildhack on competing during the pandemic: "I think we made the right decision to play." He points to giving athletes the opportunity to compete, across all sports.

Syracuse AD John Wildhack said the Orange's men's basketball players were tested for Covid-19 yesterday upon arrival in Indianapolis and again this morning. If everything comes back negative, individuals will leave quarantine and SU will practice later today.

The Syracuse women's basketball team will leave for San Antonio tomorrow.

Syracuse AD John Wildhack on the emotional aspect of playing through the coronavirus pandemic: "You really feel for those who've been impacted first. ... I have tremendous empathy for those who've been directly impacted by this virus."

Syracuse AD John Wildhack said the football program has continued to test three times per week during the spring semester. That's not an ACC requirement at this point, but Wildhack and HC Dino Babers agreed to continue with the approach.

Syracuse AD John Wildhack said the football team will open spring practice on March 30. He points to a conversation he had with a team leader, who described winter workouts as more intense than usual.

Syracuse AD John Wildhack is asked about having fans in the Carrier Dome for lacrosse: "It went great. It was really smooth. ... It was great to see some energy in the building." Goal is to open it up to the public in time and SU is working with the OCHD to get to that point.

Syracuse AD John Wildhack: "We're planning that we could have full capacity in the fall. Obviously, that will be totally dependent on where we are with Covid." He points again to the OCHD's role. "It's easier to have to scale down than have to scale up at the last minute."

Syracuse AD John Wildhack speaks highly of new football assistants Terrence Samuel and Mike Schmidt. He points to how well Schmidt's OL at SDSU run-blocked in Pac-12 play. "I think both are really, really strong additions." Big key for the offseason is staying Covid negative.

Last edited:
Wait. That’ll be done by this fall?
It is in now. That is my understanding. But it would certainly be done by the fall. What they plan to do this spring/summer is seating, concession areas and bathrooms.

I am very interested in seating.

Was that a surprise presser? 90% of the questions were from Bailey and Niko.

Joe headed to Taco Bell

1615935324751.png

It is in now. That is my understanding. But it would certainly be done by the fall. What they plan to do this spring/summer is seating, concession areas and bathrooms.

I am very interested in seating.
You'll be waiting a while, I;m afraid. No changes to seating in the near future.

every team has their own floor and every player has their own room. Food is brought to them.
And Marek Dolezaj says...WHERE'S MY PIZZA!

You'll be waiting a while, I;m afraid. No changes to seating in the near future.
WHAT?? Why? Why? Why? (Sob)

It’s revenue, isn’t it? Comfortable seats = fewer seats.

The original plan was to add all new seating. I even talked to Pete Salas Himself about this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom