Wildhack/Sala Presser on Syracuse-Duke | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack/Sala Presser on Syracuse-Duke

When Wildhack says that we "will" set a new attendance record on Saturday, that has to mean that the Dome counts tickets and not ticket scans. That should put an end to the long running debate on here about how we calculate attendance. I mean, are we really assuming that there won't be no-shows? At least one of those 35K-plus will have a medical emergency or last minute work or something.

The last 35,446 game was very disingenuous. 2015.. the year of the postseason ban. Thousands of tickets on stubhub were going for a few dollars on gameday. It was not a "full" house.

i didnt realize Dan Schulman's son is a Cuse student. Slightly educated assumption - Newhouse?

When Wildhack says that we "will" set a new attendance record on Saturday, that has to mean that the Dome counts tickets and not ticket scans. That should put an end to the long running debate on here about how we calculate attendance. I mean, are we really assuming that there won't be no-shows? At least one of those 35K-plus will have a medical emergency or last minute work or something.

exactly my thoughts as well

The last 35,446 game was very disingenuous. 2015.. the year of the postseason ban. Thousands of tickets on stubhub were going for a few dollars on gameday. It was not a "full" house.

same thing for Gerry's senior day vs Nova which broke the record as well. the student section upperdeck was 75% empty until locals (syracuse and scranton locals both included) moved from nose bleeds over.

also - the big 1 off for a center court game (that cant be an acc opp) has an easy choice.

Its not georgetown.

It sure as aint Conn

St johns, nope.

it is... Washington during Boeheims swan song. And hell, while were at it - announce that Hop decided to come back and succeed Boeheim just before tip.

This should be pinned. Excellent point.

The Coyle/Wildhack "we count scans, not tickets sold" really means "we make a good-faith effort to count tickets sold from our box office, rather than counting tickets given away in bulk to community groups and 'tickets' assigned to X thousand students before every home game like Gross did."

also - the big 1 off for a center court game (that cant be an acc opp) has an easy choice.

Its not georgetown.

It sure as aint Conn

St johns, nope.

it is... Washington during Boeheims swan song. And hell, while were at it - announce that Hop decided to come back and succeed Boeheim just before tip.

Hopefully the Dome's retractable roof will be open for this game. And hopefully not too many people get stuck in traffic in the I-81 tunnel or waiting for the gondola from the fairgrounds.

Wrong year. We set the record the first Duke game in 2014.

Oh wow it's like people might need to listen to little ole UnknownOrange after all huh

same thing for Gerry's senior day vs Nova which broke the record as well. the student section upperdeck was 75% empty until locals (syracuse and scranton locals both included) moved from nose bleeds over.

Such a disappointing night. The place was hopping but we just couldn’t pull it off. I remember running into and saying a few words to pre-enrollee Paul Harris if my memory serves me correctly. Which it may not lol.

Hopefully the Dome's retractable roof will be open for this game. And hopefully not too many people get stuck in traffic in the I-81 tunnel or waiting for the gondola from the fairgrounds.

it def seemed as if Sala was very publicly asking wildhack to be his partner in an attempt to steer JWs already made up mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom