Wildhack | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
I’m not sure if this has ever been asked in another thread or not, but what are the odds Wildhack actually reads this forum? Wasn’t he a poster here at one point before he became our AD or am I getting him confused with someone else? I assume he at least knows about this forum. Would be interested if he reads the forum to gain a pulse of what fans think.

I’m not sure if this has ever been asked in another thread or not, but what are the odds Wildhack actually reads this forum? Wasn’t he a poster here at one point before he became our AD or am I getting him confused with someone else? I assume he at least knows about this forum. Would be interested if he reads the forum to gain a pulse of what fans think.

My guess is he reads it, digests it, and gives it 1-2% of any interest in terms of his own decision making. If it's higher than that, i'm shocked he got so far up the corporate food chain.

We all are, me included, just working on minimal information regarding the program, how people are to work with, what the environment is for the entire operation, etc.

I think the decision on the basketball team is with Jim Boeheim only. They didn't fire him after a second probation. Let that sink in. No matter what you think of either probation (both were faulty) the school stood by him. That loyalty, I think, is now a two way street. He's stood by the school by working for less than market rate. That's incredible for this university. The amount of streets they should name after him in Syracuse is in the 20-30 range IMO.

The only thing louder is the results are smaller. That can impact alot but we may not know what Jim has told John about his timing. This decision may already be made. John may have told him it's your job until you tell us otherwise and they are ok with that because Boeheim has given his entire life to SU Basketball.

We don't know anything is my guess and JW doesn't care what this board thinks (absent being amused by 1-2% daily)

Yes, John Wildhack used to post here...seemed like more of a football guy, but he also posted about hoops.

I think he scooped his network's own bowl announcement show when he revealed SU would be playing in the Texas Bowl during the Shafer era.

His status as former syracusefan.com poster is why I have 100% TOTAL, COMPLETE, UNSHAKABLE, INPREGNABLE, UNWAVERING faith that he will handle the hoops coaching change properly, whenever that time comes.

If they read it, they would come to the same conclusion everyone else does. There are a few posters who actually try to have intelligent conversations and bring up valid points, while most of the rest is just hard feelings from a bunch of people who have gotten their feelings hurt. There are even fewer yet that actually have any form of skill set of basketball prowess that can tell them something they didn't already know. I am 100% sure they are as frustrated as every poster on this board is, but they don't have the time or emotional stamina to deal or worry about everyone on this site. It is a great place to pick up on certain observations that are gained by different perspectives, but they would pick up on these also when reviewing film. They sure are not going to waste their time scrolling through 6 pages of how worthless JB is, but they may view threads related to individual players, at least until they turn into the eventual "if JB would just retire this problem with the player would go away" part of the thread.

Our problem is we all want to win, be in the top 25 and a 6 seed or higher in the tournament every year. Up until the last 6 years or so that is who we were. SU wants a healthy margin, profitability and most of the time you need to win in order to be profitable, unless you are a program like Syracuse. I think we are top 10 in basketball revenue schools and we don't have to maintain an above average win/loss %like the rest. So, as long as margin is healthy, and it is for basketball here, there's no reason to make a change. As a fan I hate if that is indeed what is happening but frankly I don't know how else to justify the current mess we are watching night after night.

For some reason, this SU staff can no longer bring in the kind of players that keep us in the top 25 and top seeds in the tournament. Just look at all the misses in last years class (Gayle, JJ, Flip, Clingam, Westry, Cruz, Lands).
Maybe those guys got big NIL. You don't like the recruits we have coming in?

It’s pretty obvious what Wildhack has to do here. I’ve been saying for a few years now JB needs to step down, etc…love JB for what he has done for this program but you have to know when it’s your time. Problem is JB is arrogant and stubborn and believes he has the right to step down whenever he wants. To a degree he has earned that but not one person is above the program or athletic department and it’s to the point where JB is forcing Wildhack’s hand.

Before 2015 look at where we were as a program. Bringing in stud players, NBA producing machine, top 10/15 program perennially, competing for 1-3 seeds in the NCAA tourney, 30k attendance, etc…at some point this coaching staff and program became okay with being a constant bubble team and being okay with unexpected NCAA tourney runs. Boeheim says “it doesn’t matter what we do in the regular season it matters what we do in the postseason” and that a good season is determined by your postseason. Sooooo why can’t we have a good regular season and post season? Isn’t that the expectation for elite programs and where we were before 2015?

Let’s be honest, since 2015 for the most part we have had average teams, and I’d say we have a below average coaching staff right now. Wildhack has to make a move this off season because this program is trending downwards we are currently in territory where we have not been since the 60’s…..the 60’s…the freaking 60’s. And we as a fan base are suppose to be okay with that? Boeheim is losing the fan base, losing some former players and his results have been bad for the last 5-8 years…Wildhack has to know that…

My last point. If JB retired in 2016/2017 or whatever like he said he was going too…do you think the new coach would still be around if these were the results he was giving us since 2017? We are a .500 team right now and that coach would be on the hot seat at best

GMac knows I'm 5'5 so I don't even bother hoping that he'll see my insights and take me seriously.
But does he know that you have mad hops.

main-qimg-f63905be461e1a18879de826d5ea79d0-c

It’s pretty obvious what Wildhack has to do here. I’ve been saying for a few years now JB needs to step down, etc…love JB for what he has done for this program but you have to know when it’s your time. Problem is JB is arrogant and stubborn and believes he has the right to step down whenever he wants. To a degree he has earned that but not one person is above the program or athletic department and it’s to the point where JB is forcing Wildhack’s hand.

Before 2015 look at where we were as a program. Bringing in stud players, NBA producing machine, top 10/15 program perennially, competing for 1-3 seeds in the NCAA tourney, 30k attendance, etc…at some point this coaching staff and program became okay with being a constant bubble team and being okay with unexpected NCAA tourney runs. Boeheim says “it doesn’t matter what we do in the regular season it matters what we do in the postseason” and that a good season is determined by your postseason. Sooooo why can’t we have a good regular season and post season? Isn’t that the expectation for elite programs and where we were before 2015?

Let’s be honest, since 2015 for the most part we have had average teams, and I’d say we have a below average coaching staff right now. Wildhack has to make a move this off season because this program is trending downwards we are currently in territory where we have not been since the 60’s…..the 60’s…the freaking 60’s. And we as a fan base are suppose to be okay with that? Boeheim is losing the fan base, losing some former players and his results have been bad for the last 5-8 years…Wildhack has to know that…

My last point. If JB retired in 2016/2017 or whatever like he said he was going too…do you think the new coach would still be around if these were the results he was giving us since 2017? We are a .500 team right now and that coach would be on the hot seat at best

Two Sweet 16s, a first round loss, NIT and the COVID year? Assuming that was Hop yeah he'd be around. Probably would get the Dino / Desko treatment of bumping up the support staff, etc.

JB would have retired April 1, 2018.

Would 56-38 with 2 NCAA Tournament appearances and a Covid thru 3 seasons get the new guy fired?

JB would have retired April 1, 2018.

Would 56-38 with 2 NCAA Tournament appearances and a Covid thru 3 seasons get the new guy fired?
If he was 7-7 right now and trending down then yes, at least I hope he would be.

I’m not advocating firing JB, he’s earned leaving on his own terms, but it’s up to JW to right the ship when coach leaves.

JW keeps files on many aspects of things effecting Cuse sports. He is a bright experienced guy who loves Syracuse and has insights from many sources. In terms of JAB, it won’t be easy to manage his moving on and may need the Chancellor or a powerful Board member to move this along! JAB has done loads for Cuse and the community. Having said that, everything has an end and some endings involve creation of new beginnings which may require managing on the highest levels and this is no knock on JW!

If he was 7-7 right now and trending down then yes, at least I hope he would be.

I’m not advocating firing JB, he’s earned leaving on his own terms, but it’s up to JW to right the ship when coach leaves.

When JB walks away, Wildhack won't be caught short.

My guess is they all read it and some likely have accounts and actually post here.

My guess is they all read it and some likely have accounts and actually post here.

Recruits and their parents do.

Recruits and their parents do.

People are absolutely smoking dope if they think anybody in a decision making capacity would spend one second here for anything other than morbid entertainment.

Recruits and parents? Absolutely. It makes me wonder how much damage is done to the program when people see how much self loathing vitriol is a core value of the Syracuse fan base.

People are absolutely smoking dope if they think anybody in a decision making capacity would spend one second here for anything other than morbid entertainment.

Recruits and parents? Absolutely. It makes me wonder how much damage is done to the program when people see how much self loathing vitriol is a core value of the Syracuse fan base.
Because we're the only fan board like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom