Will any movies as good as LoTR ever be produced again? | Syracusefan.com

Will any movies as good as LoTR ever be produced again?

As I get older, the Fellowship is becoming my favorite of the three. But they’re each incredible in their own way. The second two are so well done

My 9-year-old son and I both had COVID over Thanksgiving, so we watched the trilogy. He loved it. Now he wants to read the books. (I never have.)

I think they're self-indulgent crap. Peter Jackson can't stop himself from making bloated, long-winded films.

Fight me.

I think they're self-indulgent crap. Peter Jackson can't stop himself from making bloated, long-winded films.

Fight me.
Dead Alive was only 104 minutes.

Fight me.

Wife tried to make me watch them and I just laughed for an hour at how stupid it was until she turned it off.

Is LOTR the really long movie that ends with two guys walking in a wheat field looking like they have that "not so fresh feeling"?

Fight me.
The book was 1000 pages. Stuff was still left out. It had to belong to be true to the book.

The book was 1000 pages. Stuff was still left out. It had to belong to be true to the book.
Yep, I mean look at a song of ice and fire. Thats around 1400 pages I believe and filled 5 seasons worth of GoT episodes before the show outpaced the writing

Yep, I mean look at a song of ice and fire. Thats around 1400 pages I believe and filled 5 seasons worth of GoT episodes before the show outpaced the writing
Weighs in at an inexplicable 4200 pages... but your point remains directionally correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom