Will Battle be back next year? | Syracusefan.com

Will Battle be back next year?

I would say no - my guess is that another year won't raise his draft stock. May as well start making money, whether in the NBA, the G-League or abroad.

In that case, why didn’t guys like Brandon Triche, Scoop Jardine, CJ Fair, etc. do the same? Why is there always this pervasive feeling that every reasonably good college player has one foot out the door every season now?

Not a chance he'll be back.

Better question is Brissett. Everyone was penciling him as good as gone. He'd be wise to hit the weight room and figure out a way to be more effective.
At this point, there is zero chance that Oshae plays in the NBA. Where the heck is he going to go?

In that case, why didn’t guys like Brandon Triche, Scoop Jardine, CJ Fair, etc. do the same? Why is there always this pervasive feeling that every reasonably good college player has one foot out the door every season now?
I think he's closer to the NBA then those guys. And I may very well be wrong. But I also think it's rare for a guy to come back twice in his situation

He'll graduate in May with a great degree, and be a middle 2nd round pick, bounce between the D-League and Europe for 10-12 years, while being a 12th man in the league for a stint if he's lucky, and have a great post-basketball career waiting for him when he's 32 years old in whatever he chooses to do.

I feel bad for Battle. He should have went to Michigan...
I dunno... would they have fixed the fact that he starts his jumper at his waist which causes him to not have the shooters touch on longer shots?

NBA has shown if you can play they will find a spot for you. I'm not sure Battle does any one thing elite enough to be an NBA player. Doesn't shoot that well, doesn't have that great of a handle, isn't that explosive at least relative to an NBA guy, doesn't play D well enough or rebound well enough to be a 3 and D guy... He's a classic tweener.

Yeah because he’ll have his degree it’s not even a question.

We start next year with Goodine and Carey as the starting backcourt. Definitely a change of scenery; dynamic and explosive

Yeah because he’ll have his degree it’s not even a question.

We start next year with Goodine and Carey as the starting backcourt. Definitely a change of scenery; dynamic and explosive

Still can’t shoot tho.

We continuously suck at shooting.

It’s ridiculous.

Tyus conceivably could do a grad transfer year at another program?

I mean anything is possible, but why go somewhere else and continue to play for free?

Why has every other senior we ever had play for free? It’s not like he’s some superstar.

Why has every other senior we ever had play for free? It’s not like he’s some superstar.

Not sure what you mean. I could see him staying at SU for another year, but transferring to another school seems pointless. If he’s going to leave he may as well start getting paid.

Not sure what you mean. I could see him staying at SU for another year, but transferring to another school seems pointless. If he’s going to leave he may as well start getting paid.
What about another school that is a NC contender, has a coherent offense and/or a decent grad program? He could improve a basketball resume that’s starting to fray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom