Will Coach P get fired if Uconn Loses? nm | Syracusefan.com

Will Coach P get fired if Uconn Loses? nm

They should. Not because of this game, but because it was a stupid hire to begin with.

They should. Not because of this game, but because it was a stupid hire to begin with.

Big fan huh Scooch? Real nice considering what the guy has meant to Syracuse fans.

He's works his ass off and cares about his player but the guy is like Buck Rogers in the 25th century.
Minus Colonel Deering, of course.

Big fan huh Scooch? Real nice considering what the guy has meant to Syracuse fans.

What does that have to do with how he is coaching?

He could have saved kids from a burning house - that has nothing to do with the fact that it was a bad hire.

Huh? I'm supposed to pretend it was a good hire because he had success at SU?

Hiring a guy in his late 60s who had begun to lose his recruiting mojo and ability to implement a modern college offense nearly a decade ago was not a smart move.

Two years in and this state has absolutely no passion for the program.

UConn needs to cut their losses and move on.

The refs in the big east blew another call, this league is so incompetent it needs to die. The league needs to be remembered for what it was, not the mess it has become.

First road win against a ranked team. Ever. EVER.

In a related note, Randy Edsall stinks.

Hiring a guy in his late 60s who had begun to lose his recruiting mojo and ability to implement a modern college offense nearly a decade ago was not a smart move.

Ray Rice

what is the real story?

Why did he bash the program so much?

I didn't,t know that.

Is that true?

I always thought that he should have played as a sophomore - that he got screwed out of playing time.

I didn't,t know that.

Is that true?

I always thought that he should have played as a sophomore - that he got screwed out of playing time.
I might be thinking of some other players but I always heard there was a crew of kids in the late 90's early 00's that bashed the program to recruits on their visits and cost us a few kids.

Rice would have definitely been able to plug the holes on the roster at WR, QB and OL, as well as all of the shortcomings on defense.

By himself.

I disagree about the OL and the defense. Both were getting better by the end of the 2004 season.

Ray Rice would have joined CB Courtney Greene.

And he would have joined guys like Steve Gregory(NFL), Jameel McClain (NFL), Ryan LaCasse (NFL) James Wyche (NFL) Kelvin Smith, Tanard Jackson (NFL), Dowayne Davis (NFL), Joe Fields (NFL), Joe Kowalewski (NFL), Jerry Mackey (NFL?) , Jason Greene, Quinn Ojinaka (NFL), Steve Franklin, Damien Rhodes, Brendan Carney and soph QB Perry Patterson - who set a completions record in 2004 - as well as other players returning from the Champs Bowl team.

I agree that team needed a WR - Rice Moss and some others might have helped but that was a weak area no doubt.

I disagree about the OL and the defense. Both were getting better by the end of the 2004 season.

And he would have joined guys like Steve Gregory(NFL), Jameel McClain (NFL), Ryan LaCasse (NFL) James Wyche (NFL) Kelvin Smith, Tanard Jackson (NFL), Dowayne Davis (NFL), Joe Fields (NFL), Joe Kowalewski (NFL), Jerry Mackey (NFL?) , Jason Greene, Quinn Ojinaka (NFL), Steve Franklin, Damien Rhodes, Brendan Carney and soph QB Perry Patterson - who set a completions record in 2004 - as well as other players returning from the Champs Bowl team.

I agree that team needed a WR - Rice Moss and some others might have helped but that was a weak area no doubt.
I don't think that team was going anywhere.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Haha, I admire your tenacity OPA. Was it the OL or the defense showing more improvement after we lost to a 1-9 Temple, or got curb stomped by a 6-5 Georgia Tech team?

Anyway, I suspect UConn will retain Pasqualoni, and that's great for SU.

Late 60s??? P is 63 years old. Physically he is at least 10 years younger.

His offense stinks but that isn't because he is in his "late 60s."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom