Votes: 30 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 59 66.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
With Swider signing on, Benny in the fold, and Jimmy B. Jr. expected to come aboard... will Quincy be back?

I sure hope so. But from a numbers standpoint, I don't know how the 7.5-man rotation is going to fit here.

If Quincy comes back, we could be really good -- even if Girard is our PG.

I think Quincy shot the sheriff.

But he didn't shoot the deputy.

Despite what many want to believe, a 7.5 man rotation is NOT set in stone nor an objective. Q's return would bring in a man who not only rebounds but knows how to play the zone. It would allow the new forwards to learn the defense.

Despite what many want to believe, a 7.5 man rotation is NOT set in stone nor an objective. Q's return would bring in a man who not only rebounds but knows how to play the zone. It would allow the new forwards to learn the defense.
And presumably push a forward behind the 7.5 man rotation.

I kid! I kid!

But, really... not really kidding.

Not at his age.
i hope so though
If those four are here I would be shocked in Q was not a starter with Benny and Cole Swider competing for other starter spot and Jimmy as the fourth guy, a very capable fourth but still. Who Knows, jimmy may have gotten a ton better, have not seen him since the last Boeheim Bowl, but if we have two forwards better than Q I would be pleasantly shocked. Coach is a loyal guy so the new guys would have to be considerably better than Quincy. If they are that I could play point guard and we would have a winning team.

Last edited:
Never mind the 7.5 rotation. We know that we have Edwards, Swider, Williams, Buddy, Girard,
Torrence, and Sidibe. I'm assuming Newton and Anselem will return because if not they would have entered the portal by now. That's 9. If Marek returns, that's 10. Add Jimmy and that's 11, all of which will play. I don't think Q is ready for the NBA yet, that makes 12. For good measure, add Chaz, who will sit. That makes 13 and the deepest team we've ever had!

EDIT: Sorry I left out Griffin. He hasn't entered the portal either. That's makes Jimmy a walk on and 14.

For some reason my gut says he will be back. He’s not nba ready and has things he can improve upon to improve his stock

I mean, technically can’t Jimmy walk on?

being that Boeheim is an employee of the university his tuition is already paid for.

sorry if this topic has already been covered

Without Q, not sure where the rebounding is coming from. Sidibe, if he's healthy, and Edwards with better hands would be other notables on the boards.

I mean, technically can’t Jimmy walk on?

being that Boeheim is an employee of the university his tuition is already paid for.

sorry if this topic has already been covered

Beaten to death.

Also hung, drawn and quartered, tarred and feathered, then burned.

First off - Sidibe doesn’t count against the 13 player scholarship cap.
So, IF we used our full allotment of schollies, he could still have his also.

So, we’d need to have THIRTEEN OTHER SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS, PLUS SIDIBE, PLUS JIMMY in order to potentially need for JB to choose to take advantage of that loophole.

If y’all really think in the first year PP (Post Pandemic or Post Portal) that Syracuse will have FIFTEEN scholarship players on the roster, well -

please pass me some of that legal stuff you’re smoking.

Without Q, not sure where the rebounding is coming from. Sidibe, if he's healthy, and Edwards with better hands would be other notables on the boards.
Not just the rebounding, but the physicality. I don't see one guy on our roster who is physical. Some finesse is good, but need at least one guy who is physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom