Will SU get some #1 votes next Monday? | Syracusefan.com

Will SU get some #1 votes next Monday?

Or will the media go back the their Uk love fest

UK plays at Baylor on Friday, and could easily lose. Arizona plays UNLV on Sat, but it's a home game and the Runnin' Rebs are just 3-3. I would be happy with #2 next week in the one poll (although OSU did look pretty good tonight). Anyway, probably too early to answer the question--could get some votes if things swing our way over the weekend (and if UNLV wins, could get a lot of votes...).

Last edited:
We will get at least one #1 vote.

On Pollspeak, you can see we had one second place vote last week, and I am sure that voter will drop Michigan St from the #1 slot. I cant see anything happening for this writer to change his mind and have a team jump us.

Some inbred writer from West Virginia had us ranked 10th last week in the poll.

We've played a good schedule, and just whipped up on a 1-loss, 26th ranked Indiana team. Also won the Maui knocking off Minny, Cal and Baylor. We will get a few #1 votes, but if not, you know the rankings are a bunch of bullshat.

It all depends on Saturday's game. If JB shows mercy and fails to crush Binghamton by 40 points or so don't expect any #1 votes.

I don't want to be #1! We have nowhere to go but down. And there's a bulls eye on your back.

Oh man, I disagree on that. I LOVE being #1 during the regular season. Obviously winning a title is infinitely more important, but there's just something absolutely glorious about watching an SU game with a little "1" next to our name.

Oh man, I disagree on that. I LOVE being #1 during the regular season. Obviously winning a title is infinitely more important, but there's just something absolutely glorious about watching an SU game with a little "1" next to our name.

absolutely. Bring it on I say

While at a BYU game my Dad and I were rudely interrupted by a BYU fan that observed we mispronounced one of the BYU players name. My Dad, wearing some Syracuse Orange, turned around and said "I'm sorry, I have a hard time keeping players straight that don't play for #1 Syracuse. Maybe you've heard of them?" Incredible shut down line. Just devastating. The dude dropped his nachos.*

Now, we lost a game like two days after that, but so what?

*I made that part about the nachos up.

*I made that part about the nachos up.

Unrelated nacho story...

One time at the Dome (it was our 2004 football OT win vs. Pitt), a woman behind me spilled an ENTIRE container of nachos on me. The chips, the cheese sauce, the salsa… ALL of it was all over my lap. It looked like I was just involved in a food fight.

I understand that accidents happen. If I had done that to someone, I would have apologized like 10 times, gone to the restroom and wet some paper towels for them, and then offered to buy them a beer.

What does this lady do? She hands me a tiny napkin and says, "sorry." I was so enraged.

Unrelated nacho story...

One time at the Dome (it was our 2004 football OT win vs. Pitt), a woman behind me spilled an ENTIRE container of nachos on me. The chips, the cheese sauce, the salsa… ALL of it was all over my lap. It looked like I was just involved in a food fight.

I understand that accidents happen. If I had done that to someone, I would have apologized like 10 times, gone to the restroom and wet some paper towels for them, and then offered to buy them a beer.

What does this lady do? She hands me a tiny napkin and says, "sorry." I was so enraged.
One time at the Dome I saw a similar thing happen right in front of me, but instead of handing the dude a tiny napkin, she ate the nachos off of his clothes.*

*I made this one up too.

I was walking out of the bathroom once at the Dome and wasnt paying attention and totally biffed it into a guy carrying a tray of 4 beers. Doam Foam went everywhere and I could tell he was pissed. I immediately pointed to the beer line and said, "lets go."

Unrelated nacho story...

EAO was like a nacho magnet that day. Miraculously, myself and another 1 of our buddies came out of it unharmed. I'm still not sure why he didn't just remove his shirt & pants like that IU girl. Clearly, it's acceptable to do so at The Dome.

There are a handful of teams that deserve #1 votes.
Arizona
Syracuse
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Villanova
Iowa State

All should be co #1s until more can be determined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom