Will the ACC excuse our rudeness? | Syracusefan.com

Will the ACC excuse our rudeness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeAl

2023 Cali Award Receiving Touchdowns
Thank you to all the polite ladies and gentlemen welcoming us to the ACC, but...
The ACC will regret bringing these northern teams into "their" conference.
We don't care one bit about southern traditions.
We want to transform the ACC into our conference.
This is our state, our town, our team, and we gotta win now. Go Orange!

I say we keep their (ACC) tailgate traditions, their bowl games (add the Pinstripe), their sun dresses, Chip wants us to keep their frat boys, also we should develop some of their passion.

We need to show them BE style BB, we need to sell them the beauty of MSG permanently hosting the BB tourney and lastly the importance of selling beer at games.

I don't know. The few folks who 'welcomed' me to the ACC at the Panther/Packer game on Sunday took it in stride when I responded with "We are happy to help the ACC establish some credibility" :)

I say we keep their (ACC) tailgate traditions, their bowl games (add the Pinstripe), their sun dresses, Chip wants us to keep their frat boys, also we should develop some of their passion.

We need to show them BE style BB, we need to sell them the beauty of MSG permanently hosting the BB tourney and lastly the importance of selling beer at games.

ADD to southern good points: Fried Chicken (even for breakfast), sausage gravy on biscuits
ADD to northern good points: Real italian sausage, salt potatoes and clam bakes

ADD to southern good points: Fried Chicken (even for breakfast), sausage gravy on biscuits
ADD to northern good points: Real italian sausage, salt potatoes and clam bakes
email i sent to maryland friend-- he was was annoyed at Coach b for his Greensboro comment

If you watch interview he didn’t come off as bad as some of the articles said—if it was his call we would still be in an 8 team big east. But he knows this is all about football and money

As far as the Greensboro comment goes—sure ACC has as much tradition and probably has been a better league of the last 25 yrs—although big east has had a huge edge last few yrs

However you can not in your wildest dreams compare the ACC tournament in Greensboro to the Big east tournament in NYC – its not even close—something about NY and the garden . I love boeheim coming in guns blazing—fck duke unc maryland – we will not be intimated by any of you … Tourn should be in NYC – Miami and DC – rotating -- Greensboro that’s a joke .

I know the move to ACC is what we had to do my only regret is the death to the Big east tourn.

As far as Maryland goes you should be as angry at Greensboro as anyone – Duke and UNC have ruled this conference for too long.. it is different now – as far as im concerned they should change the name of the conference—

Now bring in Notre Dame and Penn state and lets get started

Thank you to all the polite ladies and gentlemen welcoming us to the ACC, but...
admins do we really need this??the lack of maturity and ignorance here is overwhelming
please take a course in social graces. i request that this post be removed

admins do we really need this??the lack of maturity and ignorance here is overwhelming
please take a course in social graces. i request that this post be removed
Really interesting replies. Perhaps I'm the only one who sees the lack of cultural unity that is coming.
  • When SU students are singing the "F you up" chorus of the "Rock and Roll Part II" song, how long will it take for the gentry of North Carolina to rue the day they let us into their country club?
  • Can you honestly say you think we'll adopt a southern-friendly attitude of rooting for our fellow conference members? We never have in the past.
  • Can you honestly say you'll be content to say good-bye to the gritty atmosphere of NYC and hello to the fresh-scrubbed perkiness of Greensboro?
  • When Connecticut and Rutgers join us in the ACC, won't there be a contempt for the arrogance of these carpet-bagging yankees down on Tobacco Road?
  • Have you gone out and purchased your new school blazer for the cocktail parties yet?
The point is that there will be a culture clash that will have our new "partners" in a state of shock.

they probably already think that we are rude.lot of acc folks wished us well on the old board.but nobody there to thank them.

Really interesting replies. Perhaps I'm the only one who sees the lack of cultural unity that is coming.
  • When SU students are singing the "F you up" chorus of the "Rock and Roll Part II" song, how long will it take for the gentry of North Carolina to rue the day they let us into their country club?
  • Can you honestly say you think we'll adopt a southern-friendly attitude of rooting for our fellow conference members? We never have in the past.
  • Can you honestly say you'll be content to say good-bye to the gritty atmosphere of NYC and hello to the fresh-scrubbed perkiness of Greensboro?
  • When Connecticut and Rutgers join us in the ACC, won't there be a contempt for the arrogance of these carpet-bagging yankees down on Tobacco Road?
  • Have you gone out and purchased you new school blazer for the cocktail parties yet?
The point is that there will be a culture clash that will have our new "partners" in a state of shock.
Ummm, I think you have a bit of a skewed view of southern college football. Just wait until you've been to Death Valley, Bobby Dodd, Doak Campbell, etc (or the tailgating around them) before you pawn us all off as North Carolina and Virginia blazer-wearing weenies.

I am sure the hundreds of BC fans have already broken-in the rest of the ACC to the rough and tumble ways of the Northeast:D

I'm pretty excited about some really nice road trips in the future. Frankly, I've toured a lot of the country, but not as much of the South as the Midwest and the West. One of the reasons I wanted the ACC over the Big 10 is that the Carolinas, Virginia, Georgia and Florida sound SO much better than Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. I know that I'll be able to get my wife psyched up for fall road trips to the South as our children get older. That means exploring the cultural aspects of each ACC opponent, and all the sights along the way.

And I'm not worried about Syracuse losing its ties with NYC. The conference tournament won't be there every year, or every other probably, but I'm confidant that we'll have plenty of games and tournaments to enjoy there for years to come. And for the record, I love NYC - grit and all. I lived there for years. But I still love my blazers, too! It does not have to be one way or the other!

Can you honestly say you'll be content to say good-bye to the gritty atmosphere of NYC and hello to the fresh-scrubbed perkiness of Greensboro?.

Clearly you have never been to Greensboro. It is a total stuffhole of a city. Not to mention the construction capital of North Carolina.

I live in NC, and am a State fan. Greensboro has always been preferred for the convenience of being centrally located - at least from an ACC traditionalist POV - but it is not the best city for doing....much of anything other than going to the games. Charlotte would be a much more fun city to visit for a tournament for almost any fan base, even the new fan bases used to going to NYC every year, however, Charlotte, in their infinite wisdom, decided to blow up the old coliseum in favor of a SMALLER downtown arena. It would be VERY hard to accommodate 16 teams' fan bases in any building, but the decision to make the Bobcat's arena quite smaller really hurt their chances of landing many future ACC tourneys. From my perspective, I don't think it would be wise to hold an ACC tourney at MSG as that is the Big East's tourney home as it should be as long as the basketball version of that league still exist. As fun as it would be to visit NYC, I don't think it will happen. What MAY happen is a 10 year rotation with Greensboro getting the tourney 5 years out of 10, with the other cities being DC, Atlanta, Charlotte, Boston and maybe Philly?? I really have no idea how the ACC will work its basketball with 14 or 16 teams.

MSG is the MECCA having the ACC tourney move there helps the whole conference with recruits. Every bball recruit wants to play at MSG!

I live in NC, and am a State fan. Greensboro has always been preferred for the convenience of being centrally located - at least from an ACC traditionalist POV - but it is not the best city for doing....much of anything other than going to the games. Charlotte would be a much more fun city to visit for a tournament for almost any fan base, even the new fan bases used to going to NYC every year, however, Charlotte, in their infinite wisdom, decided to blow up the old coliseum in favor of a SMALLER downtown arena. It would be VERY hard to accommodate 16 teams' fan bases in any building, but the decision to make the Bobcat's arena quite smaller really hurt their chances of landing many future ACC tourneys. From my perspective, I don't think it would be wise to hold an ACC tourney at MSG as that is the Big East's tourney home as it should be as long as the basketball version of that league still exist. As fun as it would be to visit NYC, I don't think it will happen. What MAY happen is a 10 year rotation with Greensboro getting the tourney 5 years out of 10, with the other cities being DC, Atlanta, Charlotte, Boston and maybe Philly?? I really have no idea how the ACC will work its basketball with 14 or 16 teams.

First of all, thanks for stopping by. I am really enjoying having all of our new ACC brethren/opponents on the board.

As far as where the tourneys will be held, I would love to know exactly how that is determined. I'm guessing numbers will be crunched, and figures will be sorted from top to bottom. I find it hard to see how Greensboro would be locked in if it's how you described it. I wouldn't mind seeing it in D.C., the nations capital, every other year, and then bounce it around on off years.

This is just our perspective - call it Yankee or whatever - but NYC for the tournaments in MSG is pretty sweet and hard to beat! That being said, it's not cheap and that needs to be taken into consideration, too. Your other suggestions sound great, and would be wonderful opportunities for road trips.

FYI: Maryland has been saying that f...you up nonsense far longer than SU has...

Boston...Philthy...and Miami aren't going to be in a regular rotation of ACC tournaments. NYC, DC, Atlanta, & all of the above NC. MSG-the Mecca. Verizon Center in the Capital, Atlanta you have Phillips Arena and if you really want to blow it up the Georgia Dome, & unfortunately Greensboro.

FYI: Maryland has been saying that f...you up nonsense far longer than SU has...

Boston...Philthy...and Miami aren't going to be in a regular rotation of ACC tournaments. NYC, DC, Atlanta, & all of the above NC. MSG-the Mecca. Verizon Center in the Capital, Atlanta you have Phillips Arena and if you really want to blow it up the Georgia Dome, & unfortunately Greensboro.
If the ACC tourney were going to be in Atlanta, it would be in the Georgia Dome. The SEC tourney has been there 6 of the last 10 years. When the Final Four or a Regional come through, they are also at the Dome.

Ummm, I think you have a bit of a skewed view of southern college football. Just wait until you've been to Death Valley, Bobby Dodd, Doak Campbell, etc (or the tailgating around them) before you pawn us all off as North Carolina and Virginia blazer-wearing weenies.

I've been to Doak Campbell, & it's certainly not a snobbish atmosphere. It reminds me of any typical college affair, complete with the wild & crazy behavior. In FACT, Fans in the Carrier Dome are much less wild than fans at FSU.

The ACC would be absolutely missing the boat if they don't hold the BB tourney at MSG or The new Barclays Center in Brooklyn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barclays_Center
New York is the media capitol of the world and would embrace the ACC (now that Cuse' is a member) and make it the finest and most widely viewed conference tournament on the planet.

The ACC would be absolutely missing the boat if they don't hold the BB tourney at MSG or The new Barclays Center in Brooklyn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barclays_Center
New York is the media capitol of the world and would embrace the ACC (now that Cuse' is a member) and make it the finest and most widely viewed conference tournament on the planet.

Is it really a possibility that the ACC is going to ship their conference tourney up to Yankeyville every year? Not going to happen.

Is it really a possibility that the ACC is going to ship their conference tourney up to Yankeyville every year? Not going to happen.

Right, and I said the same thing about the ACC allowing Yank schools into the conference just a few short years ago. Now we have five teams in the conf. Money talks.

ACC expansion will dilute the power of the Carolina mafia. If ACC adds UConn then no one can argue for Greensboro over MSG, and maybe an occasional hosting in Wash DC Verizon Center, and Georgia Dome might happen, but MSG should be where most of the tournaments are held.
Although I admit that I do like eastern carolina style BBQ.

-----------------

So you have appointed yourself as spokesperson for BC, SU and Pitt?????????????????????????????????????

1) The ACC will not regret becoming a true north-south coastal conference.

2) The ACC is now SU's conference.

3) Every school has some fans who are ------.

Status
Not open for further replies.