Will the O, the D, or ST lead the way? | Syracusefan.com

Will the O, the D, or ST lead the way?

Will the Offense, defense, or special teams be SU' s most dominant aspect in 2019?

• Offense

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Defense

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • Special Teams

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Coaches

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters

sufandu

Living Legend
I hope it's the 'O' because we have a pretty good idea that the defense and special teams have a chance to be really good. If the offense leads the way, it means they're really clicking.

Shenexon

All American
I voted for the coaches because they brought these kids together, focused them, developed them and showed them how to win against the odds. Now they need to show the kids that they can sustain winning.
I do think that our coaches are a huge advantage. More than a few of our wins last year were due to superior coaching, even if the execution was in the hands of the players...

I expect the offense and st will be strong but the defense will be more improved than any of the other areas. They’ll generate a lot of adrenaline...especially at home...

TheCusian

Living Legend
I do think that our coaches are a huge advantage. More than a few of our wins last year were due to superior coaching, even if the execution was in the hands of the players...

I expect the offense and st will be strong but the defense will be more improved than any of the other areas. They’ll generate a lot of adrenaline...especially at home...

They are very good. And we have had pretty good continuity year to year.

Newhouser

All American
The rules don't allow the D to lead the way so I think it will be the O but our kicking game will have the edge in every game this year so ST will be key too.

Shenexon

All American
The rules don't allow the D to lead the way so I think it will be the O but our kicking game will have the edge in every game this year so ST will be key too.
I’m hoping for a scoring defense that averages a td every game. The offense will get us ahead, the defense will pressure and get turnovers, ST will outgain our opponents by 100+ yards per game & lead the scoring, and the coaches will net a td advantage per game. Devito, Neal, Adams, or Coleman may be our MVP, but we’ll have a lot of contributors...

Reactions: FAL

shu 49

All Conference
I'm bullish on the team this year, but think the defense may be stronger than the offense or special teams. Thoughts?
I have no question the defense should rise up for the first time in a long time. We really could have a banner defensive year this year.

Dino2112

Scout Team
I think the D will at first but by Mid season we should score on every one !

SmilinBob

Living Legend
All I know is the the D is going to have to make at least 1 huge stand at an end of a game to win it...The O the same, to come back and take a win they had no right to win and having the special teams flip field position when the D and O are struggling.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the FG percentage slightly above 75%.

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
I think there will be multiple categories in which we are a top 10 national D at year’s end

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseclass96

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom