• Yes. We'll have a full season.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • No. Moving on to Spring.

Votes: 154 63.6%
  • Yes, But it will be cut short.

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
1 month ago, I was 95% yes.

IF there is camp, I can see a dozen teams halting camp.

IF there is a season, I can see parents in the student body pulling their kids home by week 3 or 4. This pressure will drive Universities to cancel in person class, shortly after.

95% No.

i really think it depends on the school though.. if they have a solid testing program i think they can get thru the yr to spring. its not like many campuses have been empty this whole time.. I know our while kids have not been on campus they have been in the community at a pretty good percentage and never went home

Players across the country are already getting sick. Personally, I think the issue is living/working in a group setting. When the rest of the student body returns? We'll see the extent of that real problem. I'm less concerned with fans in the stands, than that.

What say you?
Agree with you.

I think things will go just well enough with preseason practice to start the regular season. But I think it is inevitable that some schools. perhaps most, will be overrun with outbreaks. Some schools will shut down their campuses and send the students home for on line classes.

I expect most if not all conferences to lose teams as the season progresses. Maybe for some the school campus is okay but the team itself has one or more outbreaks and just can't play for a while.

It will be interesting to see how badly things have to go to cancel the season. Will they try and pick up where they left off in the spring?

I think that is what is going to happen. There might be some conferences that could finish the season but probably will also shut down so they can be part of the football playoff in the spring.

The SEC is the most likely conference to be forced to shut down in the fall and they will drive everyone to also shut down and pick up in the spring.

I see the SEC getting the most pressure, but ALSO the conference least likely to bow to it.

If somehow there is a partial season? (4 games) Its a best case for Sr.'s with an available RS. Those without, will be hoping for a few more games.

If it's a hybrid Fall/Spring season? It might be the best case for players trying to make the next level.(As opposed to just Spring)

Deaths in the next week will tell the story
I’m 75% we have a 10 game season
So I’m going to say yes we play September 19th start . I’d rather not play in the spring at all . Hoping we steal as much OTA time slated to start this Friday ( which may force a decision) small silver lining to get as much
practice time I’m for our new coordinators

Nahh. Politics suck, for sure. In my state? More than 50% of the cases were in group living/working situations. (No positive cases sent there).

Its what a virus does.

I think class room situations can be effectively managed. Dorm/ social situations? Not at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nahh. Politics suck, for sure. In my state? More than 50% of the cases were in group living/working situations. (No positive cases sent there).

Its what a virus does.

I think class room situations can be effectively managed. Dorm/ social situations? Not at all.
Gotta agree. I love kids but if you wanted to design a set of conditions to spread the virus as quickly as possible among a group of people, it would probably look like a college dorm.

You have kids who think they are invincible, who will defy most precautions, who are grouped together in tight quarters and interact with thousands of others on a daily basis.

It is going to be outbreak after outbreak. There is little the colleges can do about it.

Gotta agree. I love kids but if you wanted to design a set of conditions to spread the virus as quickly as possible among a group of people, it would probably look like a college dorm.

You have kids who think they are invincible, who will defy most precautions, who are grouped together in tight quarters and interact with thousands of others on a daily basis.

It is going to be outbreak after outbreak. There is little the colleges can do about it.

Its what a virus does.

I think class room situations can be effectively managed. Dorm/ social situations? Not at

Every teen/ college kid I know is out at pool parties , house parties and down the shore
I don’t think it matters in fact I see them as safer with less free time and no family interaction. At school than at home

No fall football. Would be absolutely shocking stuff.

All the FCS, DivII, and DivIII schools are shutting it down. I work at Le Moyne. The NE10 has suspended all fall athletics. Pray we get NFL, college is over. Nobody wants to play in Spring, most of the top end talent will sit out to prep for draft. College football is a fall sport for a reason and it has nothing to do with weather outside.

A couple months ago in another poll here the question was asked: “What impact will Corona have on sports & our way of life”?
I posited then that it would be a “societal-changing experience”. Sadly a lot of that is coming to pass, at least in the foreseeable future.
On a personal note, I’m sending my daughter back to school next week & still doubting if it’s the smart thing to do. Her major will not allow for all online classes so she really has no choice, & is determined to go back after 4 mths at home. We’re still in uncharted territory w/ COVID, and sports is just another casualty. So, NO- I don’t see this season playing out in full. They might try to start it, but the first time a player or official gets sick, they’ll shut it down. JMHO

Last edited:
They should just say cancelled until further notice . January, spring , etc is all a guess

No season.

No spring season.

See you in the fall of 2021. Maybe.
I'll optimistically disagree on Spring. Should the Moderna trial(July 31 start) be a success? A large amount will be available Q1, through the end of Q2.

Will it be all the same faces we would have seen this fall? No it won't.

There. Is. No. Plan.

These kids should not have their health put at risk to play football. Especially since they are unpaid. It sucks but why are we potentially sacrificing peoples' lives for football?!

No 2020 season.
No Spring 2021 season.
I'm very excited for a Fall 2021 season. It might not be completely normal but I honestly think that the Syracuse team that Dino brings forth will be so focused, well-prepared, and united as a team that it will be a truly dominant force. It sucks to lose the season but the benefit of an extra year of development and perfecting a new scheme will pay huge dividends and give us the breakout team we've been waiting for. It's going to be great! Go Orange!

There. Is. No. Plan.

These kids should not have their health put at risk to play football. Especially since they are unpaid. It sucks but why are we potentially sacrificing peoples' lives for football?!
This^^^
Seems to be the case from all quarters throughout the country. There doesn’t seem to be one standard to follow, so all cities, states, schools, institutions, everyone is just riding this isht out.
The lack of a coordinated plan is ridiculous. We’re the laughingstock of the entire world.:mad:

considering the vaccine news coming out today, odds are going up we have a workable vaccine or 2 or 3 before xmas.. how wide spread it gets delivered is the unknown.. if we had a workable government with testing and delivery mechanisms in place it would be a far different world.

There. Is. No. Plan.

Not arguing as what you say has merit but these kids none of them are sick , there more at risk at parties and beaches and that’s what they are doing . Coaches are not pulling them out of quarantine they actually are making them and there families safer. I haven’t seen players opting not to play or read about parents saying no way is my son playing maybe there’s some but I haven’t heard about it . I just don’t see it as a factor for people under 55
0BAEC68F-457B-4208-AAFC-F5E70E596767.png
0BAEC68F-457B-4208-AAFC-F5E70E596767.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom