Will we ever see another undefeated NCAA men's basketball champion? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will we ever see another undefeated NCAA men's basketball champion?

Will we ever see another undefeated NCAA men's basketball champion?

• Yes

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 36.5%

• Total voters
Was gonna post something like this with them becoming Kentucky in terms of recruiting. If someone had taken out Baylor they do it this year

The path they got was ridiculously easy compared to Baylor who saw Wiscy first weekend after they annihilated UNC then Nova in the sweet 16.

Since they will enter every season ranked top 5 they don’t need to play that tough a non conference either. Teams will give them what they want and go to Spokane with no return.
I’m not sure I follow this post. This last class was ranked #11. Didn’t they overachieve compared to that ranking?

I’m not sure I follow this post. This last class was ranked #11. Didn’t they overachieve compared to that ranking?

Yeah but regardless 11 wasn't far from 1. Suggs was the best player in college hoops and they are the leaders for Holmgren. Guys hang around. Their recruitng at this moment is on par with Kentucky. If theres a gap its not much.

UK and Dukes freshmen teams this year being trainwrecks plays into it too. I think 2012 UK type teams will be very rare going forward especially with the G league taking top guys.

Gonzaga will enter every season ranked top 10 for the forseeable future they can schedule down OOC and have a realistic shot at this every season. The WCC is that bad. St Marys might have the odd nice team and BYU is OK but given their recruiting WCC losses will be rare.

Was gonna post something like this with them becoming Kentucky in terms of recruiting. If someone had taken out Baylor they do it this year

The path they got was ridiculously easy compared to Baylor who saw Wiscy first weekend after they annihilated UNC then Nova in the sweet 16.

Since they will enter every season ranked top 5 they don’t need to play that tough a non conference either. Teams will give them what they want and go to Spokane with no return.

Your bias is showing. I don't think either team had a particularly hard draw up to the FInal 4, in part because they were both so good -- particularly Baylor in retrospect. Up to the final four it was basically a draw in terms of competition and you bashed on Houston throughout the entire tournament because they were a from a non p5 conference.

Wisconsin is some powerhouse now? A 9 seed from an overrated conference that stank in March? They beat UNC - not much of a big deal in 2021. They are some power compared to Oklahoma? Fact is those matchups are about the same.

An injured Villanova squad is some powerhouse compared to Creighton? Fact is both were very easy sweet 16 matchups for both Gonzaga and Baylor.

You can't possibly argue that Arkansas was any better than USC. USC was great up to their matchup against Gonzaga.

Last edited:
I ask you, orangelings, will we?
I think it’ll happen before we see the next repeat winner, for all the reasons mentioned. In addition to the Zags who are set up to do it next, Kentucky, Kansas, even St joes came close several years ago with Delonte and jameer. Florida’s back 2 back is still hella impressive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom