Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress | Syracusefan.com

Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Figured we could drop off whatever tidbits/info we receive on offseason progress in here.

From his instagram, Jarveon Howard looks scary strong. Cisco’s known for being a ripped dude but Howard’s noticeably bigger.

Pierre’s massive.

Adams was already a physical freak. Our running backs look to be becoming grown men.

Taj looking like he’s put on 5-10 as well.

Last edited:
I realize you are getting this from a photo on sodial media but I really hope that Taj put on 5-10 lbs. That could help him quite a bit.

Throw 10-15 more on for good measure.

Though Taj displayed some immature antics this season, you can see every time he touches the ball his plan is to score however possible. The kid may have been 185 or so last year, but it took multiple defenders to get him to actually go down.

I think Taj has the “it” factor in abundance.

once he has strength to complement his speed and athleticism, this kids going to be something else.

Excited to see how Cam Jordan’s progressed this offseason. He was a frequent face in the weight room during La Familia and the Conditioning Team’s social media page.

Everything is there for Taj to be the No.1 WR. It's up to him to seize it and get on the same page with TD. No reason Harris can't get 10 TD's this coming season.
Totally agree...but I hope Devito actually spreads the ball around rather than locks in one one receiver like he did with Jackson.

Dino's offense is based on making reads at the LOS and taking what the defense gives you. For whatever reason, TD had difficulty with this process last year.

Totally agree...but I hope Devito actually spreads the ball around rather than locks in one one receiver like he did with Jackson.

Dino's offense is based on making reads at the LOS and taking what the defense gives you. For whatever reason, TD had difficulty with this process last year.
Totally agree. This is something he really needs to work on with Gilbert. He also needs to work on looking down field when the play breaks down.

Hopefully the combo of a year of starting under his belt, the tutelage of Gilbert and an OL that doesn’t cause a jailbreak on every snap will help fix that issue

Commitment to growing stronger, during offseason, will fuel success in 2020.

GoOrangeliftfVTDIheTFlk0.gif

Hopefully the combo of a year of starting under his belt, the tutelage of Gilbert and an OL that doesn’t cause a jailbreak on every snap will help fix that issue
The OL was obviously a huge part of the problem...but TD's failure to make the proper reads was also a big issue.
Locking in on one receiver regardless of pre-snap reads really crippled the offense. Did Taj, N Johnson and Riley suddenly become incompetent?

That "reason" would be the OL. It's easy to criticize the guy for locking in on his first read, but when the DL or blitz is on him in 2 seconds and the snap takes one second, there's not much time for anything else and we didn't seem to run many quick slants to counter. The OL improved later in the season, but the psychological damage was done by then.

That "reason" would be the OL. It's easy to criticize the guy for locking in on his first read, but when the DL or blitz is on him in 2 seconds and the snap takes one second, there's not much time for anything else and we didn't seem to run many quick slants to counter. The OL improved later in the season, but the psychological damage was done by then.
Do you think that psychological damage is repairable?

Do you think that psychological damage is repairable?
Yes, over spring practice and summer camp. As I said, the OL was better towards the end of the season, once Servais was back and Alexander was replaced. A new OC can help the process too. If he gets good protection in game 1 (fingers crossed), I think the damage can be undone.
Ultimately, it depends on TD and his ability to forget.