Wish the sweet 16 sched was normal | Syracusefan.com

Wish the sweet 16 sched was normal

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
I love looking forward to moderately staggered Thursday and Friday night games. Makes the work week go by in anticipation.

Now we have to sit through 3 stand alone games and make it to 10pm. On Saturday. Hate this weekend sweet 16 setup as we know some of some of these games will be yawners with no other option to flip too. Usually we are saved from that until the elite 8.

Btw, I hope we are in a one of those yawners for all the right reasons.

I love looking forward to moderately staggered Thursday and Friday night games. Makes the work week go by in anticipation.

Now we have to sit through 3 stand alone games and make it to 10pm. On Saturday. Hate this weekend sweet 16 setup as we know some of some of these games will be yawners with no other option to flip too. Usually we are saved from that until the elite 8.

Have been wondering about this...is the extra day in between due to some kind of COVID protocol, or have they shared any other reasoning behind it?

Have been wondering about this...is the extra day in between due to some kind of COVID protocol, or have they shared any other reasoning behind it?

Normally the First Four would have been spread out on Tues-Wed,
then the 1st and 2nd rounds would have gone Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun,
then the S16/E8 would have gone Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun the following weekend.

This year they wanted to give teams time to get to Indy and quarantine, so the schedule was revised:
First Four: Thurs only
1st and 2nd rounds: Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon
S16/E8: Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues
FF: Sat-Mon (back on schedule)

Usually the S16 games would run 7:10 / 7:30 / 9:40 / 10:00 pm. Because they're on Sat-Sun this year, they were spread out.

E8 games will be Mon-Tues at 7:00 / 9:45 this year.

The networks get 8 games on Sat/Sun instead of just 4. Assuming that more games on the weekend = more ad revenue.

1616587792005.png

This year they wanted to give teams time to get to Indy and quarantine, so the schedule was revised:

Usually the S16 games would run 7:10 / 7:30 / 9:40 / 10:00 pm. Because they're on Sat-Sun this year, they were spread out.

The networks get 8 games on Sat/Sun instead of just 4. Assuming that more games on the weekend = more ad revenue.

View attachment 198677
I was hoping we would get Ian Eagle if we couldn't get Nantz and Raf.

View attachment 198677

Wonder why Reggie Miller isn’t doing any of the games this year. I actually enjoyed listening to him and Kevin Harlin in 2016, partly because of our wins of course.

Yeah, I agree. I will be in Vegas at a , anxiously waiting for our game. It could be a long (and expensive) day!

Wonder why Reggie Miller isn’t doing any of the games this year. I actually enjoyed listening to him and Kevin Harlin in 2016, partly because of our wins of course.

He's stuck at Wendy's ?

I don't mind Anderson/Jackson. Just glad we didn't get someone like Nessler who it appears is finally off the ticket.

As much as it stinks not having games later in the week, I loved having some games on Monday.

The current set up is optimal for Sunday when we don't play.

We should have been 720 what bonehead put oral and arkansas there instead?

Was hoping for Harlan or Ian, but Anderson and Jackson are very good. I like Jackson the more and more I hear of him.

Fighting Ducks. How much do ducks fight? How much defense do Trojans really provide?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom