With Calipari, it is a question of when...not if! | Syracusefan.com

With Calipari, it is a question of when...not if!

Van111

Starter
There is alot of competition out there in the recruiting world, and lets face it, Kentucky is one of those schools, but to blatently win the recruiting battle 4 straight years (hint, only with JC at the helm), is not logical. Unfortunatley, JC is changing the game, in a bad way. There are just too many other great schools and coaches out there for this to be happening without some inside and under the table crapola going on. I smell a rat, and what ever JC has been feeding his recruits, another D. Rose or M. Camby will surfice. It is not a question of "if" it will happen, but in my book "when" it will happen. Kentucky is playing with the devil, and he will come collecting. We Orange fans simply have to wait...and maybe not too long!

http://www.thehullabaloo.com/sports/article_6538e738-8633-11e1-b54c-001a4bcf6878.html

Yes, they have the top recruiting class four year running b/c he's a good recruiter and because it's Kentucky.

But they also have the OPENINGS, which others don't. If a top program like Kansas or Duke had 5-7 scholarships available and few incumbent starters, they'd be as likely to nab the top class.

If JB could 100% promise a recruit they would start at PG, it would be hard for SU to lose out

Yes, they have the top recruiting class four year running b/c he's a good recruiter and because it's Kentucky.

But they also have the OPENINGS, which others don't. If a top program like Kansas or Duke had 5-7 scholarships available and few incumbent starters, they'd be as likely to nab the top class.

You are correct. There's a lot of innuendo thrown around on this board against supposed villains. I'm no Cal fan and he's been around some shady things. But not at Kentucky. Like NC, that program gets who they want so long as they have a good coach. And Cal is more than that- if he wants you, you've got to listen. His track record of geting kids into the pros fast in second to none. Kentucky is the new Duke- love to hate 'em. I'll wait to hear something more tangible than innuendo before I'm too harsh on them/him.

Cal's salesmanship can't be underestimated either. I heard him say something like if you're not 100% sure, we don't want you. It seems like he's good at turning it around and making a potential recruit feel like a loser if they don't choose Kentucky. What's everyone think of the morale at Kentucky? I saw quite a few Kentucky games, always rooting against them, and I don't remember too many smiles on the player's faces...I will say they all played very steady, though.

If JB could 100% promise a recruit they would start at PG, it would be hard for SU to lose out
Maybe but our experience with Kenny Anderson, Stephon Marbury and Sebastian Telfair says otherwise.

Maybe but our experience with Kenny Anderson, Stephon Marbury and Sebastian Telfair says otherwise.
The first two are from a different era, and Tefair was going NBA all day

I believe JC has the inside to top agents as well as NBA analyst. Agree with most everything you guys are saying, but isn't it remarkable that some of these guys signed with an agent less than a day after the NC game, or so I have read. Not sure this is a violation at all that point, but obviously they already know who to sign with and have already had these conversations to sign so fast. Can't argue he isn't the best at what he does and with KY behind the name and now a NC, unless he makes some big mistake, he is in it for the long run.