With Kansas and Michigan State dropping these games | Syracusefan.com

With Kansas and Michigan State dropping these games

Alsacs

Living Legend
Their is some separation for the 1 seeds from the 2 seeds.

I think Syracuse, Arizona, Florida look real solid for 1 seeds.

Wichita State, San Diego State, Villanova, Kansas, Michigan State, Duke on the next tier

Florida has a tough week with games @Tennessee and @Kentucky if Florida goes 1-1 I think they will run the rest of the regular season and should make the SEC Finals at worse which would lock a 1 seed.

Arizona has a tough game @Arizona State this Friday, and then goes to @Colorado, @Utah, @Oregon, @Oregon State. If Arizona goes 3-1 and reaches the Pac-12 Finals they are pretty much a 1 seed.

Syracuse has needs to win 3 of its 5 road games and make the ACC Semi-Finals and we would lock a 1 seed.

I think Wichita State will run the table now and be given the 4th 1 seed even though their schedule is a joke.

2 seeds will end up IMO Nova-East, Kansas-West, Duke-South, Michigan State-Midwest.

3 seeds will end up Cincinnati-East, Creighton-Midwest, Iowa State-South, San Diego State-West.

Alsacs said:
Their is some separation for the 1 seeds from the 2 seeds. I think Syracuse, Arizona, Florida look real solid for 1 seeds. Wichita State, San Diego State, Villanova, Kansas, Michigan State, Duke on the next tier Florida has a tough week with games @Tennessee and @Kentucky if Florida goes 1-1 I think they will run the rest of the regular season and should make the SEC Finals at worse which would lock a 1 seed. Arizona has a tough game @Arizona State this Friday, and then goes to @Colorado, @Utah, @Oregon, @Oregon State. If Arizona goes 3-1 and reaches the Pac-12 Finals they are pretty much a 1 seed. Syracuse has needs to win 3 of its 5 road games and make the ACC Semi-Finals and we would lock a 1 seed. I think Wichita State will run the table now and be given the 4th 1 seed even though their schedule is a joke. 2 seeds will end up IMO Nova-East, Kansas-West, Duke-South, Michigan State-Midwest. 3 seeds will end up Cincinnati-East, Creighton-Midwest, Iowa State-South, San Diego State-West.

We have all but locked up a one seed. Very close

The big question is whether we need to win the ACC regular season outright, or in the case of a tie, the ACC tournament. UVA is a much bigger pest than anyone assumed. In fact, it can be argued that the lucky 3 by Sulaimon against UVA was the biggest shot of OUR season.

Having a hard time believing that San Diego State is going to fall to the 3 line - are you thinking they're going to lose 2-3 more games?

we don`t need the regular season title to be a 1 seed.Schedules are imbalanced thus the committee looks at the schedules themselve. Plus in 2009 the Big East got 3 1 seeds its all about resumes not regular season titles. UConn was the 3 seed at the BET and lostto SU and got a 1seed.

we don`t need the regular season title to be a 1 seed.Schedules are imbalanced thus the committee looks at the schedules themselve. Plus in 2009 the Big East got 3 1 seeds its all about resumes not regular season titles. UConn was the 3 seed at the BET and lostto SU and got a 1seed.

The BE was the best conference that year, however, and it's hard to say our resume would be better than UVA's if they outright won the regular season, a feat which would probably necessitate a H2H win.

The committee has more challeging decisions this year and any I can recall, and their efforts to stay consistent with precedent (body of work, rewarding SOS, rewarding top-conferences, etc...) will surely be challenged.

Thus far, WSU and SDSU have the body of work, but not the SOS. The winners of the Big 12 and Big 10, the consensus best leagues, might be punished for playing in such a league. It's all very bizarre this go around.

The BE was the best conference that year, however, and it's hard to say our resume would be better than UVA's if they outright won the regular season, a feat which would probably necessitate a H2H win.

The committee has more challeging decisions this year and any I can recall, and their efforts to stay consistent with precedent (body of work, rewarding SOS, rewarding top-conferences, etc...) will surely be challenged.

Thus far, WSU and SDSU have the body of work, but not the SOS. The winners of the Big 12 and Big 10, the consensus best leagues, might be punished for playing in such a league. It's all very bizarre this go around.

UVA was really bad OOC though. Not just the 35 point loss at Tennessee, they lost at home to Wisconsin and VCU, who are good, but not great teams. They also lost @Green Bay. They did beat SMU on a neutral, which is looking more and more like a solid win, but no other top 100 Pomeroy wins.

If they win the league by a game or something over us, it's gonna be tough for them to have a better resume than we do, because we are miles ahead OOC. Unless UVA runs the table, I think they finish with a 3.

I agree with most of us this. However UVAA could go 17-1 and SU goes 15-3 and SU will get a 1 seed. Schedules are imbalanced its about who you have beaten.

Why?
I don't believe theyre anywhere near as good as what could be the other 2/3s. I'm also not even sure they even make it play us, should we advance.

The 3s I'd be ok with any of them but I'll take Nova over the other 2s.

Like Marquette last year?

You'd rather play Kansas or Michigan State?
I think Kansas would be a good match-up for us, I think the zone would give them trouble because they lack a good PG and don't shoot the 3 well. Until Michigan State can put their A team on the court they do not scare me.

Edit: Our two advantages in MSG are 1) Playing in MSG and 2) Our zone, we lose a little bit of both of those playing Cincy and Nova teams used to playing our zone and at MSG.

I didn't say that but now that you mention it, how did we do against Marquette in '11?
But those will most likely be the other 2s so if you don't want Cincinnati, you're looking at Kansas or MSU.

I just don't think Nova can hang with us. We spotted them a 20 point lead and blew them out. I just don't see a scenario with them beating us at MSG.

I just don't think Nova can hang with us. We spotted them a 20 point lead and blew them out. I just don't see a scenario with them beating us at MSG.
remember when Gtown embarrassed us twice last year, and then what happened at MSG?

remember when Gtown embarrassed us twice last year, and then what happened at MSG?
True, I get your concern. I'd just rather play the lesser talented team. Nova at their best, Cincinnati at their best doesn't beat us at 80%. Kansas, MSU at their best does, should we have an off game.

I'll also fully admit, I may be overrating MSU and Kansas because of their names and coaches but I'd still take Nova or Cinci.

True, I get your concern. I'd just rather play the lesser talented team. Nova at their best, Cincinnati at their best doesn't beat us at 80%. Kansas, MSU at their best does, should we have an off game.
Tourney is all about match-ups, the most talented team hardly wins, sans the last two years lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom