WLAX: New Players Lounge Under Construction | Syracusefan.com

WLAX: New Players Lounge Under Construction

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Laurie Taishoff @SUAAPresident · 35m35 minutes ago
Getting a tour of @SyracuseLax new locker room facilities from @garygait. This is going to be AMAZING when finished!

BzcW735IgAAjR2b.jpg:large

This is why our football program can't have experienced coaches. I'm all for locker room improvements, but do they need a lounge/auditorium/kitchen? Why isn't one general one built for all teams?

This is why our football program can't have experienced coaches. I'm all for locker room improvements, but do they need a lounge/auditorium/kitchen? Why isn't one general one built for all teams?

I'm all for women's lacrosse being successful and a rewarding experience for the kids, but this makes me sad. So wasteful - and necessarily at the expense of other teams.

Full_Rebar said:

Well women's lacrosse brings in tons of money and prestige to the school. If you approach someone in Iowa and ask them what they know of Syracuse University, they would immediately say It is a women's lacrosse school and rattle off the names of all the great players.

Full_Rebar said:
it is my understanding that they raised the money for this by themselves. The university provided not a dime.

Relax and be happy for him.

it is my understanding that they raised the money for this by themselves. The university provided not a dime.

Relax and be happy for him.

While it's great for W. Lax, taking over the Olympic weight room presents more challenges for the other teams displaced. It's going to cost SU to build a new weight room, which I've been told is at least 3 years away, and frankly wouldn't have been needed. The weight room upgrades in the last decade were done well and now that's gone.

In my mind, this is an example of one team's "needs" being placed before the majority and that's why I have a problem. It's another short-term fix that doesn't necessarily work for the long run and someone will have to explain to me why they couldn't have done w. lax upgrades in another manner/location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom