WMU Fires Tim Daoust | Syracusefan.com

WMU Fires Tim Daoust

Wow, surprising! In season coordinator firing at a mid major school. Bizarre. coming on the heels of going for a 2 pt conversion instead of the tie in then first overtime.

Looks like Tim Lester learned this from Mark Coyle. Firing a coach with one game left in the season.

I thought he was our future HC. Can’t believe there are people here who thought that staff was full of budding coaches would would all become good HCs.

Lester is struggling. WMU would 13 the year before he arrived. They have won 12 total since.

I thought he was our future HC. Can’t believe there are people here who thought that staff was full of budding coaches would would all become good HCs.

Lester is struggling. WMU would 13 the year before he arrived. They have won 12 total since.
That’s life in the MAC actually. It’s more cyclical than any P5 Conference.

BG up with Dino. New HC already fired.

Remember when N.Illinois went to the Orange Bowl to face FSU? They’ve won 8, 5 and 8 the last three seasons.

Akron and Toledo played in the MAC Championship game last year. They have 9 combined wins this year and are miles from contention.

I mean, this is hyperbole.

Timmy Daoust is a great coach, so is Lester. Just because it didn't work out at WMU simply doesn't mean that he's incapable of coaching. So many factors go into the success of a coach and his system. It's such a complicated and complex dynamic that it simply can't be tossed into a "fired once as a OC, DC or HC, will never be a good coach again" type of scenario.

I'm not saying you used those words, but I'm just speaking to the naysayers who might think he won't make it because of a rough spot in the road.

I wish these guys all the best of luck. They were great guys while on the Hill and enjoyed their time here.

Timmy Daoust is a great coach, so is Lester. Just because it didn't work out at WMU simply doesn't mean that he's incapable of coaching. So many factors go into the success of a coach and his system. It's such a complicated and complex dynamic that it simply can't be tossed into a "fired once as a OC, DC or HC, will never be a good coach again" type of scenario.

I'm not saying you used those words, but I'm just speaking to the naysayers who might think he won't make it because of a rough spot in the road.

I wish these guys all the best of luck. They were great guys while on the Hill and enjoyed their time here.
And it’s an odd post because Lester got a head coaching job and you’ve got to think Clark Lea will get some looks given the job he’s done as ND’s defensive coordinator

Loved coach Daoust. Great guy and awesome dline coach. Didn’t meet coach Lester much. Coach D saw the de from Michigan we had can’t remember his name and said he was best athlete on team. He called him Patrick cause he looking like Ewing from Georgetown lol. Killed me.

Loved coach Daoust. Great guy and awesome dline coach. Didn’t meet coach Lester much. Coach D saw the de from Michigan we had can’t remember his name and said he was best athlete on team. He called him Patrick cause he looking like Ewing from Georgetown lol. Killed me.

Ha, Ronny "SugarBear" Thompson. Arguably Marrone's best recruit on paper.

Ha, Ronny "SugarBear" Thompson. Arguably Marrone's best recruit on paper.

The question in situations like this is what is his ceiling. Is it FBS DL coach, where he’s clearly been successful? Not the worst thing in the world, especially if you can recruit. Gains you some coin in the position coach salary.

The question in situations like this is what is his ceiling. Is it FBS DL coach, where he’s clearly been successful? Not the worst thing in the world, especially if you can recruit. Gains you some coin in the position coach salary.

Absolutely could be. And nothing wrong with that. At the P5 level, a DL coach is making anywhere from $200k-$450k, plus the fringy's.

I don't think Tim would settle for that, but we'll see. Won't be surprised to see him as a HC in the next 10-15 years.

And it doesn't mean that TL had a say in the firing of TD. Most likely came from above.

He is still just learning to coordinate. Let's give him some time. Nobody plays D in the MAC anyways, not sure what the big deal is. He most likely burnt some bridges above him.

Looks like both Lester and Daoust are most likely one promotion over their heads. Almost like the entire Shafer staff was other than Lea apparently. All decent coaches in certain areas but I just felt like the entire staff was over their head.

Lester inherited a well stocked MAC program the row the boat dude had them humming before he left.

I know the shafer bear huggers will get their panties in a wad but that staff was horrendous, guys just liked them because they were readily available and drank beer

Last edited:
Screams of a move to buy Lester another year. Opening up versus Cuse and Michigan and then they go on a winning streak after the opening games. Now they stink versus middling MAC schools the last month. Strange. Injuries or Coaching?

Looks like both Lester and Daoust are most likely one promotion over their heads. Almost like the entire Shafer staff was other than Lea apparently. All decent coaches in certain areas but I just felt like the entire staff was over their head.

Lester inherited a well stocked MAC program the row the boat dude had them humming before he left.

I know the shafer bear huggers will get their panties in a wad but that staff was horrendous, guys just liked them because they were readily available and drank beer
I'm just glad we don't have listen to people talk themselves into that terrible offense. Tray Derpenburger will make all the difference!

I'm just glad we don't have listen to people talk themselves into that terrible offense. Tray Derpenburger will make all the difference!
Asterisk** any offense works in the Mac

Screams of a move to buy Lester another year. Opening up versus Cuse and Michigan and then they go on a winning streak after the opening games. Now they stink versus middling MAC schools the last month. Strange. Injuries or Coaching?

Wassink is out for the year after injuring his ankle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom