WMU Game Thread | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

WMU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So not doing further injury is your explanation?

No mention of injury in Dino's presser. He mentioned battling out of something without ED. I guess its the momentum that was brought on by dino pulling him. Zero mention of injury which would have been an easy answer for DINO.

he was hurt.
I think he was banged up and the reason it took Dino so long to put him back in was because he didn't want to take any more risk than absolutely necessary. I don't buy the ice was profilactic argument either.
The last thing Dino is going to say is anything about ED being banged up unless he is limping etc.

I think he was banged up and the reason it took Dino so long to put him back in was because he didn't want to take any more risk than absolutely necessary. I don't buy the ice was profilactic argument either.
The last thing Dino is going to say is anything about ED being banged up unless he is limping etc.

Yep. Some people just like taking the most negative slant possible instead of looking at reality right in front of them.

I respectfully disagree, he was dumbfounded about being benched and he came back in 100%. There are many on the board who think promises were made to TD to get him here and that looks to be part of it.

It looked like what DINO thought was an opportunity to get TD playing time. He soon learned that wasnt the time. Dino is also learning about being a P5 coach before our eyes. ED is our guy and the injury thing is becoming obsessive.

There are many that saw him get hurt. The conspiracy theories don’t fly. It wasn’t some major injury but he was hurt as others also saw. Dino didn’t want to risk further injury to his shoulder so went with TD. It got to the point where he had to take the risk of putting him back in. If he had gotten drilled in that shoulder again or driven into the ground and would miss a few weeks, some of you would be screaming that Dino should never had put him back in. A huge ice bag on a shoulder is more than a boo boo. Dino not saying anything means diddly.

No mention of injury in Dino's presser. He mentioned battling out of something without ED. I guess its the momentum that was brought on by dino pulling him. Zero mention of injury which would have been an easy answer for DINO.

Means nothing that Dino didn’t mention it. Zero. As far as Dungey, he’s super competitive. He doesn’t consider risk of further injury. He needed surgery on his foot last year and when he first hurt it he didn’t want to come out and tried to play after that. All Dino did Saturday was guard against further injuring Dungeys shoulder. The last thing he needs is him being out an extended period of time. We know how that story goes.

Means nothing that Dino didn’t mention it. Zero. As far as Dungey, he’s super competitive. He doesn’t consider risk of further injury. He needed surgery on his foot last year and when he first hurt it he didn’t want to come out and tried to play after that. All Dino did Saturday was guard against further injuring Dungeys shoulder. The last thing he needs is him being out an extended period of time. We know how that story goes.

Exactly. The presser means nothing. Dino hasn't exactly been an open book when it comes to prior injury situations, particularly last year when we were going week to week if Dungey would play with the foot. Seems like a good idea not to tell other teams exactly where to tee off on your QB.

Exactly. The presser means nothing. Dino hasn't exactly been an open book when it comes to prior injury situations, particularly last year when we were going week to week if Dungey would play with the foot. Seems like a good idea not to tell other teams exactly where to tee off on your QB.

Stop making sense.

We now know just how delicate it is to play young talent, no matter how decorated they are college or pro. A bad, premature start can kill confidence and derail a career. Very few kids are ready at a young age to take over a P5 offense and let's hope DINO learned that.

You can't possibly mean the nonsense you spew.

After they watch that tape there will be ZERO reason for Devito's confidence to be shaken.

True, i agree, what i referenced is more applicable and delicate at the pro level.

I think it can happen in college. Many think it did Andrew Robinson in.

But I don’t think DeVito went through anything too badly out there. He was under pressure a few times but it’s not like they were teeing off on him to where he’s going to develop the happy feet. I’m not worried.

He didn’t turn the ball over and make any horrible decisions. In fact, he smartly threw the ball away and took a sack. He made a couple plays with his feet. Had the nice throw over the middle. Had the great scramble and sideline pass that got taken back by penalty. A fluke trip over the Center, a sack, and a couple overthrows was as bad as it got. No big deal.

As discussed all over this board, he wasnt hurt.
I respectfully disagree, he was dumbfounded about being benched and he came back in 100%. There are many on the board who think promises were made to TD to get him here and that looks to be part of it.

It looked like what DINO thought was an opportunity to get TD playing time. He soon learned that wasnt the time. Dino is also learning about being a P5 coach before our eyes. ED is our guy and the injury thing is becoming obsessive.
You see ED get up slowly. You see him wince. You see him return slowly to the sideline. What do you think that was? Gas?

But you KNOW he wasn't hurt because others on this board said he wasn't. Really???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom