WMU Game Thread | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

WMU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

People don't know how to critique and be critical without being childish. Saying a player sucks, blows, should never be on the field, coaches are stupid, etc. And a few worse that were deleted. This is a private board but is viewable to the public. Players read it. Parents read it. Recruits read it. If the discourse isn't raised people won't be posting on game days. Such great discussion by all, up until kickoff. Then it's romper room. And Alsacs is right, its not as bad as last year and it's not going to get there.

Wait hold on I’ve been looking up stats
What record did dungey break exactly?
90EAA06B-3915-41F3-84A8-6D1557A2D71D.png

I thought they meant he broke the su qb rushing record?
Maybe the su haven’t looked that up yet, but the Syracuse football tweet says SU and ACC records and it didn’t seem right for a qb
I looked up all Lamar Jackson single game rushing and as a fresh in their bowl game he was ridiculous with 226. So I’m not sure what they’re referring to

People don't know how to critique and be critical without being childish. Saying a player sucks, blows, should never be on the field, coaches are stupid, etc. And a few worse that were deleted. This is a private board but is viewable to the public. Players read it.

Right - fair. But this has been the deal for two decades on this site.

That’s why we have mods, no?

Not for nothing, I’ve gone back to the way back machine - we weren’t really MacArthur grant award winners back then. All good though. I’ve been around since 2000 or so.

All good.

Orange fans are sore winners. Yes, there is room for improvement nearly everywhere on the field. Enjoy the victory!

We can start analyzing the play, the play calling, the personnel decisions tomorrow or Sunday, just enjoy the victory.

Unless bowl games don’t count

I don’t get how this is a record. Helpppp explain this

Unless bowl games don’t count

I don’t get how this is a record. Helpppp explain this

I hadn't seen that.

Orange fans are sore winners. Yes, there is room for improvement nearly everywhere on the field. Enjoy the victory!

We can start analyzing the play, the play calling, the personnel decisions tomorrow or Sunday, just enjoy the victory.

We haven't won anything in nearly 2 decades so pretty hard to be sore winners. That 45 mins we spent between Dungey snaps is our version of scared straight.

I’ll inject some sanity.

The game was far from perfect, but we didn’t lose (Akron & MTSU), we beat the spread handily, and WMU is a real fbs team (Villanova).

It’s one game, and we won. Life goes on, and making sweeping judgements on such a tiny sample size is very premature. Be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom