WMU News + Scoops

hoopsupstate

All Conference
This has upset written all over it. This is a difficult road game to start the season. I would go so far to say that it’s not smart scheduling. If we lose, the fan base will be turned off again and probably won’t recover. Anything less than 2-0 to start the season and the season will be lost to the average fan. We only have a 52% chance of winning. It’s basically a pick em game. If we’re serious about competing in the ACC, we need to win by at least two touchdowns.

upperdeck

Living Legend
We could lose.. but we also had Miami/LSU/FSu all but beat on the road last year and I dont think we played an A game in any of those and I hope to think WMU is not better than them.. Avoid the first drive INT thats puts is in a whole, kick a few less FGs and win the game.

Trueblue25

Great Dungey’s Kneecap
This has upset written all over it. This is a difficult road game to start the season. I would go so far to say that it’s not smart scheduling. If we lose, the fan base will be turned off again and probably won’t recover. Anything less than 2-0 to start the season and the season will be lost to the average fan. We only have a 52% chance of winning. It’s basically a pick em game. If we’re serious about competing in the ACC, we need to win by at least two touchdowns.
I agree. This is not the ideal first game for a Dino Babers third season with progress only visible to the die hards. We lose this game and the casual fans interest in this team will have its life support plug pulled. I dont think this is being overly dramatic either

TexanMark

Tailgating Guru
Brindlee2015 from csnbbs.com, "I think Steven told me he was conducting voluntary after-practice conditioning to help get the DTs and NGs into shape for the Syracuse game. Pretty much patterning the workouts in the same manner as the S&C guys at SU."

Steven must be our own Steven Clark.

Trueblue25

Great Dungey’s Kneecap
Brindlee2015 from csnbbs.com, "I think Steven told me he was conducting voluntary after-practice conditioning to help get the DTs and NGs into shape for the Syracuse game. Pretty much patterning the workouts in the same manner as the S&C guys at SU."

Steven must be our own Steven Clark.
This is to be expected.

TexanMark

Tailgating Guru
It's not football season until the board is freaking out about our first opponent.
Hey Central Connecticut just had a bad game last year? Right, we had guys convinced they would take us deep like Nova and Maine.

Can we lose to WMU? Sure, but I'm expecting a victory. If they lose the road to a bowl game gets nearly impossible and as others said it will hurt attendance.

Last edited:

TexanMark

Tailgating Guru
We could lose.. but we also had Miami/LSU/FSu all but beat on the road last year and I dont think we played an A game in any of those and I hope to think WMU is not better than them.. Avoid the first drive INT thats puts is in a whole, kick a few less FGs and win the game.
I just watched the LSU game again on youtube...well the first quarter until bed time. I was so pissed at how we gifted them 7 and lost a great chance at 3 pts the first two drives. I'll watch the rest today.

Top Bottom