womens basketball on espn...really??? | Syracusefan.com

womens basketball on espn...really???

MG44

2nd String
Why on Gods green earth is it taking up a valuable slot on espn2??? Its sunday afternoon...its my only day off...i want to veg and watch some college basketball and theres a freakin girls game on. I love that they get to play, ilove that they get scholarships, but id rather watch curling. End Rant

You'd rather be watching the Seton Hall-Eastern Washington game?

Last edited:
Don't those girls know they should be in the kitchen making us sandwiches rather than getting any sort of opportunity for exposure!?
As much as I want to like your comment, women's basketball is seriously awful, like equivalent to middle school hoops awful. Eh, I'll like it anyway in honor of Susan B. Anthony.

My wife played college basketball with that said watching womens college basketball is boring. I swear they all shoot about 20% from the floor and miss nearly every contested shot including layups. I would rather watch 2 mens juco schools play.

I have to watch roughly a dozen women's basketball games up close every year, so trust me, I know how awful it can be to watch. Still, I'm not sure why anyone would get up in arms that a couple teams get a chance to play on ESPN2 on a Sunday afternoon when no one will be watching anyway since NFL games are on.

Why on Gods green earth is it taking up a valuable slot on espn2??? Its sunday afternoon...its my only day off...i want to veg and watch some college basketball and theres a freakin girls game on. I love that they get to play, ilove that they get scholarships, but id rather watch curling. End Rant

A good women's game is far better than a lousy men's game. I like watching the womens game. If you want to watch more mens' just buy a package.

A good women's game is far better than a lousy men's game. I like watching the womens game. If you want to watch more mens' just buy a package.
I was under the impression that if you decide to watch men, the package will show up eventually for free.

Talk like that will put you in the looney bin. I would watch a jayvee game in place of a womans game.

Talk like that will put you in the looney bin. I would watch a jayvee game in place of a womans game.

That's what makes markets.

Why anyone besides their families would want to watch the UCONN women is beyond me. They will go undefeated this year and unless they go totally brain dead their closest win will be by at least 15-20 points. What fun to watch such tough games.

MG44 said:

I get more upset when they have the godamn nba on as opposed to a college game. Pisses me off.

You mean you don't like nothing but 1-on-1 isolation and an overall lack of ball movement or real offenses being run?
Precisely. Well, that and the ridiculous egos that tend to destroy NBA teams. Not to say it doesn't happen in college, but it seems far less frequent than in the Me league.

Hate the NBA. For me, unwatchable.

Would love to hear why.

And yes, women's bball is awful, especially since I personally play the game all the time.

Would love to hear why.

And yes, women's bball is awful, especially since I personally play the game all the time.
See Jekelish' post in this thread.

I watch girls basketball to learn a thing or two about basketball. It's a purer version of the game. Much better than watching guys who can dunk but can't shoot.

See Jekelish' post in this thread.

While I guess I can agree with the overall premise of his post, I think overall it is a massive exaggeration.

Isolation definitely occurs and can be the focal point of the offense (particularly with star players), but to say that's the only "real" offense being run is just incorrect.

I watch girls basketball to learn a thing or two about basketball. It's a purer version of the game. Much better than watching guys who can dunk but can't shoot.
This. Its fundamental basketball.

While I guess I can agree with the overall premise of his post, I think overall it is a massive exaggeration.

Isolation definitely occurs and can be the focal point of the offense (particularly with star players), but to say that's the only "real" offense being run is just incorrect.
I just don't like the constant one-on-one. The team game is beautiful to me. And nothing says team like JB's sets and the 2-3 zone.

Did anyone watch the Pitt v. Cinci game last week? It was an absolutely brutal watch.

I'm sure a well played women's game would have been more entertaining...