Won't lie, I was expecting more action from this past recruiting weekend... | Syracusefan.com

Won't lie, I was expecting more action from this past recruiting weekend...

44PRIDE

All Conference
I mean getting the two JUCO's is nice and all, but I was hoping to have heard more by now.

I just made a similar comment in another thread. I don't know a lot about the recruiting process, but at this point just a little underwhelmed.

I'm pretty sure there were only a couple of targets here this weekend who have not already commited: Laray, EO and Brown are the hs kids that come to mind. Both Laray and Brown, were close to commiting but evidently wanted to "sleep on it". EO said he's making his choice known on Jan. 5, but the visit was a good one and he has a lot to think about.

I mean getting the two JUCO's is nice and all, but I was hoping to have heard more by now.
This year's recruiting may be more effected by the perception of SU based on last season. So, I guess it's not totally surprising. However, the coaches said on numerous occasions that recruiting was progressing extremely well. That seems not to be the case.

I have no problem at all with solid JUCOs filling the needs that SU has. Could use that big MLB that so far hasn't materialized. An OT would be good.

For a lot of these kids their seasons are just ending and they are only now starting to take their officials. I'd rather have them take all their visaits before committing and not have the commit/decommit merry-go-round that is going on at other programs, FL, Clemson, etc.

There is an old story of a sportscaster interviewing three umpires and he asks them how they call balls and strikes.
“I call 'em as I see 'em” admitted the first.
“I call 'em as they are” boasted the second.
Hall of fame umpire Jocko Conlon replied,“Son, they ain't nothin' 'til I call 'em”.

Marrone has been a good judge of talent and is the final arbiter of how good the class is using his standards. If he likes it I like it.

I was expecting to hear that no one was eaten by a police dog.

So my expectations were met.

I was expecting to hear that no one was eaten by a police dog.

So my expectations were met.
The official statement from the University is "no comment", so take it any way you wish.

I think waiting to the last minute is more a response of the higher end recruits waiting till January. If you want two stars or plan B guys, we would be full right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom