Woody Newton | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't fathom a scenario where Woody stays... Does that mean Jimmy Jr is a no go? Woody has been promised more run? I just don't see it... Can someone play out a scenario for me?
He has a more solid opportunity here to get playing time than at any other major, high profile program. The portal is full of experienced studs.

Incorrect.

Few has 2 final fours.

Boeheim has 1 since he forgot how to coach. He still knew how to coach when the MCW team made it.

Fair play, I guess you are right. Now that you make me do the work, I know that Jimmy forgot how to coach on February 19, 2014. I'm not sure of the exact hour. Sometime prior to 7pm eastern.

I'm sure it had to be a Gilligan's Island style blow to the head. We know those effects can be reversed by another shot to the head. Maybe when we are allowed back in the dome next season, we should all throw coconuts at him.

Probably needs to know a scholarship is out there before he enters the portal...
exactly he's securing a spot before he announces. I suspect Maryland. Wish him well but very, very replaceable

Cuse!

exactly he's securing a spot before he announces. I suspect Maryland. Wish him well but very, very replaceable

Cuse!
so he is reaching out to schools back channels because legally they cant have that discussion?

l never knew that once you put your name in the portal you can't return to your old school without your coaches blessing...
Why on earth would you want to come back to your old team if the coach didn't want you?

Isn't that considered tampering? Anything goes now.
Yeah, it’s tampering.

I think Newton was expecting Anselem to enter the portal yesterday, so he could enter today.

I really hope woody stays. It was a crushing blow when Richmond left for me and many others and if we can keep Woody here than that will offset the damage a little bit because I think he has a good future as well, especially on the defensive side with his length in the zone!!!

Ipso facto everything I write is my opinion. Do I have to state it is my opinion every time I write something? This is well understood by just about everyone on message boards everywhere.
How difficult is it to start your speculative comment with IMO (in my opinion)?

I really hope woody stays. It was a crushing blow when Richmond left for me and many others and if we can keep Woody here than that will offset the damage a little bit because I think he has a good future as well, especially on the defensive side with his length in the zone!!!
he's not staying. Fly woody fly and chase your dreams

Yeah, it’s tampering.

I think Newton was expecting Anselem to enter the portal yesterday, so he could enter today.
Please no! You know I don't understand it's like all these kids all of a sudden are afraid of a little competition. Everyone just wants to run off and go somewhere where their a guaranteed starter! Don't get me wrong I understand the logic of it but come on man up a little bit to some of those guys Because there has been plenty of players that decided to transfer and it was the same situation or for the worse so something to think about

How difficult is it to start your speculative comment with IMO (in my opinion)?
It's implicit. Nobody except for a few people here have any insider info and anybody who is remotely cognizant knows who those posters are.

One could say the same to you.

As others have said, opinions are not necessarily facts.

Something that seems to elude you (and others).
I will argue(From the Greek, to make clear) my position, that is true. I don't rule out other positions out of hand.

Red would be a great hire
I am not trying to antagonize, but why do you think that. I have seen limited interviews with him. I was not drawn in. His star as a high school AA has long faded. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom