Woody Newton | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, Kadary played a crucial role in SHU’s win over UConn earlier this weweek
Seton Hall got crushed today by Marquette. Kadary had 10 but he was the only player in double figures.

I watched the Seton Hall game. He wasn’t hurt seriously in the game. He did get hit in the face sometime in the 2nd half of the game but continued playing. He did well in spurts in the 1st half but was invisible in the 2nd except for some turnovers. After a bad pass that ended in a Marquette basket, Halloway took him out when Marquette was already up big. The broadcasters said they were confused because Halloway had him go in with about 5 minutes left and he was by the score table but then Richmond walked back and didn’t enter. No explanation was given. The young man is very talented but a total enigma. He totally disappears. Very strange.

I watched the Seton Hall game. He wasn’t hurt seriously in the game. He did get hit in the face earlier in the game but continued playing. He did well in spurts in the 1st half but was invisible in the 2nd except for some turnovers. After a bad pass that ended in a Marquette basket, Halloway took him out when Marquette was already up big. The broadcasters said they were confused because Halloway had him go in with about 5 minutes left and he was by the score table but then Richmond walked back and didn’t enter. No explanation was given. The young man is very talented but a total enigma. He totally disappears. Very strange.

Pretty much sums up his time at SH so far. Just an enigma.

I watched the Seton Hall game. He wasn’t hurt seriously in the game. He did get hit in the face sometime in the 2nd half of the game but continued playing. He did well in spurts in the 1st half but was invisible in the 2nd except for some turnovers. After a bad pass that ended in a Marquette basket, Halloway took him out when Marquette was already up big. The broadcasters said they were confused because Halloway had him go in with about 5 minutes left and he was by the score table but then Richmond walked back and didn’t enter. No explanation was given. The young man is very talented but a total enigma. He totally disappears. Very strange.
He’s inconsistent but it appears his floor is much higher than most other players (like being a 10 point-3 assist guy) but his ceiling isn’t quite as high (he’s probably not going to get you 25-6 or 15-10 any more than once a season)

It’s not bad, but it just limits him to about 25 minutes on average

And yet he was argurably the key to that upset of UConn in the game before this one.
Enigma? Maybe. But still better than any guard we have not named Judah.
Watching him single-handedly stymie the Mutts, I kept thinking "this guy coulda/shoulda/woulda been the next great Orange PG". Sad

And yet he was argurably the key to that upset of UConn in the game before this one.
Enigma? Maybe. But still better than any guard we have not named Judah.
Watching him single-handedly stymie the Mutts, I kept thinking "this guy coulda/shoulda/woulda been the next great Orange PG". Sad

Disagree . He’s not better than Joe

In a sport full of hard to pronounce foreign names, I was looking forward to when our starting forwards were Benny Williams and Woody Newton.

In a sport full of hard to pronounce foreign names, I was looking forward to when our starting forwards were Benny Williams and Woody Newton.

Well, Brown, Bell, Copeland, and Taylor arent too bad. All names who could have started alongside Wally Cleaver.

Disagree . He’s not better than Joe
As a PG he absolutely is better than JG3...and I like Joe, just not as a PG or up top on the zone.

He’s a better PG.

They’re completely different players.

Hoping Copeland develops into that type of player though. As far as 100% zone goes, we seem to do best when we have big guards that can play both ends.
This.
Joe is thriving more this year partly because he's back to his natural position at the 2. KR's handle & passing are better than Joe's, but obviously not his shot.
Just a shame that JB couldn't make it work, but the Buddy factor made things more complicated, & directly impacted the team's abysmal record last year.
In any case, water under the bridge- we've got Judah & Sy & Cope...brighter future all around.

Last edited:
As a PG he absolutely is better than JG3...and I like Joe, just not as a PG or up top on the zone.

This.
Joe is thriving more this year partly because he's back to his natural position at the 2. KR's handle & passing are better than Joe's, but obviously not his shot.
Just a shame that JB couldn't make it work, but the Buddy factor made things more complicated, & directly impacted the team's abysmal record last year.
In any case, water under the bridge- we've got Judah & Sy & Cope...brighter future all around.
You did say the better guard, not “point guard.” Joes been one of the better players in the ACC so far…consistent.
Glad we’re still not appreciating what we have with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom